aloe vera plant questions

evchado32May 8, 2011

first of all, does it look fully grown? http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/evchado32/photo-2.jpg

the leaves are kind of tiny and i didn't know if it was grown completely or not. Secondly, I want to use the gel for my face, what is the best way to get the gel out? Should i cut the full leaf off and kind of fillet the top part off and put it in a tupperware container? or should i just cut some of the leaf off and use what's in that? also, after cutting the leaves off, will they grow back? how often should i cut the leaves off and how long would it take for new ones to grow back? all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

I can't even guess any of that. But we do have an herbalism forum. They are great with usages of plants in every day ways.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: herbalism forum

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 1:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meldy_nva(z6b VA)

I keep aloe vera near the kitchen stove. If I get a burn -and think about it- I snip off the leaf near the base and just squeeze it. I don't think I'd try to keep any of the gel in advance of actual use. I actually find cold tea bags better for the burn.

The growth rate will vary due to the usual reasons: variety of plant; availability of appropriate nourishment and water; sufficient sunlight; size of pot; etc.

Having said all that, I divided my 24" tall plant last fall and just stuck one of the babies into a little pot that better fit onto the window sill. It was less than an inch tall at the time, with about a half-inch of root. It is now about 8 inches tall, has 8 leaves, and has made several babies. Apparently it is a happy plant, but I'm going to have to sit down and discuss birth control with it.

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 27 - 15
We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 15 - 15
Try to make at least one person happy every day. If...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 28 - 15
To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 20 - 15
Do you realize that if you fall into a black hole,...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 19 - 15
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™