I need a (cheap) vacation...

sheepco(MN z4)January 21, 2006

Ok, so I'm weary of looking at this...

...I need sunshine, preferably with palm trees and flowers. I've never been to the Mayan ruins in Mexico. This might be a good time. Maybe you can help me. I'd prefer to stay south of Cancun, nearer Tulum, closer to the ruins and maybe a few less people. I've done alot of web-searching so far. All the usual sites. (and a really great one for $25/day cabanas near Tulum - sand floors, community restrooms, no electricity, mosquito netting...sorry, maybe when I was younger :)

Anybody out there got a favorite site for REALLY cheap deals for airfare and hotels? Or maybe a REALLY good travel agent? I'm not terribly flexible 'cause my boss would probably like a warning before I just up and go, I'd like to go in Feb.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
semper_fi(Z7 GA)

Sheepco, with the advent of the WWW, I think there's no better travel agent than YOU. A quick glance through tripadvisor.com returned a number of hotels with prices all over the radar. Looks like a small cabaña called Posada Luna del Sur® has very good rating and received excellent reviews. And for $60/night it might be a pretty good value.

Also, if you do travel abroad, you probably want to read the State Department's travel advisory for Mexico. Have a blast on your trip and be sure to share some of your adventure with us once you return.

Last but not least... looking at the picture you posted brings up an age ole' question:'
"WHAT FELL THROUGH THE ICE???"Â :-)

Bookmark   January 21, 2006 at 11:12PM
sheepco(MN z4)

Lily, the lab :)

Thanks for the site Semper!

Bookmark   January 22, 2006 at 5:12PM
fairy_toadmother

well i just spent some reading time. thanks semper! now, if i were to return to cost rica, i would need a passport. before, i only needed a tourist card, birth cert, and notarized copy of my name change.

Bookmark   January 22, 2006 at 7:25PM
More Discussions
Pond Heat
What is the best method of heating water to 70 degrees...
wellingtoncdm
Tree stump for decoration???
Hello all, I need information about my new 2,800 gallon...
izolah76
New UV ordered
This is my first time that I will use a UV lamp for...
hwarrick
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
Waterlilies won't grow, leaves are small and curled
Hi all, I have waterlillies that until a year ago was...
reneek
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™