quotes 6 - 28 - 14

don_socalJune 28, 2014

I will not play tug o' war. I'd rather play hug o' war. Where everyone hugs instead of tugs, Where everyone giggles and rolls on the rug, Where everyone kisses, and everyone grins, and everyone cuddles, and everyone wins.
Shel Silverstein

Never explain what you do. It speaks for itself. You only muddle it by talking about it.
Shel Silverstein

If you're behind the times, they won't notice you. If you're right in tune with them, you're no better than they are, so they won't care much for you. Be just a little ahead of them.
Shel Silverstein

"Are wild strawberries really wild? Will they scratch an adult, will they snap at a child? Should you pet them, or let them run free where they roam? Could they ever relax in a steam-heated home? Can they be trained to not growl at the guests? Will a litterbox work or would they make a mess? Can we make them a Cowberry, herding the cows, or maybe a Muleberry pulling the plows, or maybe a Huntberry chasing the grouse, or maybe a Watchberry guarding the house, and though they may curl up at your feet oh so sweetly can you ever feel that you trust them completely? Or should we make a pet out of something less scary, like the Domestic Prune or the Imported Cherry, Anyhow, you've been warned and I will not be blamed if your Wild Strawberries cannot be tamed."
â Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

What wonderful quotes to start a Saturday morning. They're all good, but in light of George's recent story about 'wild strawberries', the 'wild strawberry' poem is my favorite.

Thanks again, Don, for bringing the quotes to us, and for all the wisdom they impart.

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 7:30AM
lilosophie

Love those quotes! Wild strawberries are ften armed: they grow in fortresses of poison oak and the most ripe and tasty ones are unobtainable - I am not kidding.

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 9:20AM
west_gardener

Thanks for the quotes, Don.
I don't know if I agree with Shel Silverstein's quote. I think that what I do is clear to me, but other people may question what I do, they don't see the world as I see it.
Lol, if one morning, I scramble peas instead of eggs, I think I have to explain why I did that.

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 7:32PM
More Discussions
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 19 - 15
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there...
don_socal
Please excuse my tardiness
Power went out Thurday late evening, got back after...
anneliese32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™