Back to normal (sort of)

lilod(NoCal/8)June 24, 2011

Had my six month check up with the bone doc, he was pleased with the healing, but my leg did turn out to be 3/4" shorter than the other one - no problem, I have a prescription for an insert, have to make an appointment to get that done, I am sure it will help to get me walking better.

December he may remove the pins, which will take care of the faint aches I get sometime. I think I want to have them, maybe make earring out of them?

Meanwhile I have moved dirt, planted tomatoes and cucumbers and squash - all in containers, and set up a container to grow pole-beans, using an old, wooden step-ladder instead of a bean-pole. Have to watch what shoes I wear and, so far, still use a cane.

I am truly blessed: how many folks my age are able to do what I do? I am not bragging, just fortunate.

The garden, untouched since last July, has gone feral and will need a lot of work. I discovered who are the intrepid

inhabitants and who are the sissies, it may surprise me and give me a clue.

So far I know for sure you can't kill coreopsis, cistus and buddleia, wondering what else is under all that tall, weedy grass.

It all will likely to be cleaned up by fall, so shall be the house. I was asked about Spring-cleaning and had to tell I didn't even do fall-cleaning 2010 LOL

Anyway, thought you might want to know...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gandle(4 NE)

Good news Lilo. Glad to hear that things are almost normal.

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 3:35PM
mawheel

Lilo, we do want to know how you are doing. I am happy for you that your healing process is on track. It's probably been helped by your strong constitution. I'm impressed by all you're doing; I think I'm a few years younger than you, and know I don't do 3/4 of what you manange to accomplish.

Making earrings from the pins that will be removed from your hip sounds like a neat idea, both as a reminder and a souvenir.

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 5:47PM
west_gardener

Lilo, I'm so glad you posted your six month check up and that things are going well. You certainly found ways to do some of the things you wanted/had to do without jepardizing your recovery.

Making earrings out of the pins sounds like a great idea. That's recycling in the best way. And also, it would be a fun thing to create.

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 6:40PM
gabriell_gw

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well, you are so much more productive than I am.I'm younger and don't have a healing leg. Good for you!

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 9:18PM
anneliese_32(6)

Lilo, great that you have such good news. I really can't complain either about my general health but I wished I could have done more in my garden this year.

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 5:35AM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 4 - 15
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Please excuse my tardiness
Power went out Thurday late evening, got back after...
anneliese32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™