Quote, 06/21/11

anneliese_32(6)June 21, 2011

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.

Russell Baker

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shinning, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.

James Dent

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
endorphinjunkie(z7bAlabama)

Happy Solstice, everyone!

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 7:42AM
lilod(NoCal/8)

Happy Solstice -

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 9:36AM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

Ah! Summer at last. Steve in Stevens County.

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 11:00AM
endorphinjunkie(z7bAlabama)

Is there anything better than a soft summer rain? With gentle rolling thunder; not too loud and not too soft. The rain occasionally comes in driven sheets, and other times it is just a nice vertical soaker. Weather that is not a threat is a friend.

We do need the rain as it has been mostly bone dry the last 5-6 weeks. Methinks I will go splash in it for a bit. The two bigger dogs don't really mind and are quite happy to act in what others would consider a foolish manner and keep me in good company.

Now me, I prefer to live, I do. Even if it's in a warm summer rain. There's a saying, in Latin, Carpe Diem. Seize the day. I will modify that to suit my whims. Don't quite know the Latin, so I will just seize the moment.

Observe your surrounding and write. Abbey's book came to day and I plan to wallow in it this afternoon. Wonder what I can glean from his style? Gleefully I will steal, pinch, nab, etc., from any writer that I happen to take a fancy to, or was in some way successful. Though I can write in an academic fashion my true desire is in creative writing. My muse has been absent for a while but is back.

There was a goodly crack of lighting now, followed by a long low frequency roll of thunder.

Yelp, seize the moment. You never know what life has in store for you at any time.

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 4:34PM
mawheel

Happy Solstice, everyone! As my Dad always said, "Now, the days will begin to grow shorter and soon it will be Winter".

Gee whiz, I hate to be a wet blanket, but I have to disagree with Russell Bakers' quote--for myself, anyway. Summer has the power to make me suffer -- BUT I SURE DON'T LIKE IT!! :>(

Come on, October!

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 5:50PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™