Well, they usually are close

gandle(4 NE)June 24, 2013

in their forecasts but, the weather bureau predicted lows in the mid-70s and highs in the mid-ninties for the last 5 days. Its been in the low 60s and highs in the high 70s. Quite nice weather, we'll forgive them for their error. Feells good to me. The strange part, they are still pedicting the mid-ninties. Right now it is 64 degrees.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

Raining here, rain in late June, it's a rarity. We are grumbling: all the pastures have been brown and mowed, and the rain will start the grass growing again and we have to mow it again. The CalFire guys are not to happy about the rain, it's good now, but long-term it will make more fuel for wild-fires and it makes the tourists more careless.
I like the way it smells, the dust is washed off.
Next Friday it's going to be in the nineties again, so perhaps the grass does't hve too much of a chance, we shall see.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 11:13AM
mawheel

Having just come in the house from watering the flower garden in the front yard, pulling a few weeds, and sprinkling some more mulch--I HATE mulch!--even though the current temp is 74.5 degrees, I'm sweating like the proverbial pig! (Do pigs even sweat? No matter, it's dripping off of me and I HATE it--along with the mulch!)

Our high for today reached 90 and it's supposed to be like that the rest of the week: hazy, hot, and humid. After all, I'm close enough to D.C. to have that same kind of miserable weather.

Come on, November! (Did I say I HATE hot weather, too?)

With the rest of the country enduring really awful weather conditions, I know I'm whining, but I get very cranky when I'm hot and sweaty!

Please excuse the rant.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 8:29PM
west_gardener

"They" were pretty close with their predictions for this week. Some rain, fog, some sun and gray all around.
A tomato hornworm apparently liked the weather and ventured out in the daytime, feasting away. It is now composted.
mwheel , I can truly say that I know how you feel. I worked and lived in DC and it was miserable during the summer months.You expressed it beautifully.

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 7:10PM
gandle(4 NE)

O.K., they nailed it now.

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 8:54PM
west_gardener

We're having a heat wave. 98 in the shade. Whew. I turned on our local weather report at 5:20 am, and the weather guy said that we would have a couple of hours of cool, then the heat wave would hit. He was correct. We went from 60 to 80 in two hours. Not as fast as Gandle's temp change, but it was amazing.
The sky is clear, hardly any wind, I don't know where in the world this heat wave came from.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 7:18PM
lilosophie

WG, I take your 98 - and send you my 102, it's going to be that way through Tuesday, then we shall "cool" down to middle nineties. My sister and her partner are coming tomorrow, spending the night and planned on spending Sunday, but they are on their way from Washington to Sea Ranch, so I would not blame them if they get on their way Sunday morning, Sea Ranch sounds like the place to be.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 9:06PM
don_socal

Hot here too 90's and 100's.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 1:18AM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 11 - 15
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 22 - 15
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water...
don_socal
Weather, it's still winter
and we are having a heat wave , temps from 70-80 degrees;...
west_gardener2
Quotes 3 - 15 - 15
Try to make at least one person happy every day. If...
don_socal
Calling from outer space now
Internet service now via satellite, free installation...
lilosophie
Sponsored Products
Botella 10 Bronze LED Mini Pendant with Flat Canopy and Green-Frost Glass
$360.00 | Bellacor
Avanity SONOMA-VS31-RK Sonoma 31 Inch Vanity Combo in Restored Khaki Wood finish
Blue Bath
Garden Fantasy White 5-piece Daybed Ensemble
Overstock.com
Amalfi Storage Cabinet
Grandin Road
Olde World Silver One-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Wall Sconce, 5W x 15H x 5
$372.00 | Bellacor
Emerald Home Brighton Dove Gray Square Leg Counter Height Table - EMER558
$459.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™