I have another one for you...

agnespuffinJune 4, 2011

I think that I will have to stop reading the newspaper. Some of the articles are just too, too much for this old mind of mine to grasp.

We have a fashion column that I sometimes read a paragraph or two. The latest fashion news is somewhat beyond me.

But today, there was a little thing about water proof mascara for the beach. (nothing worse than going in the water and coming out with black streaks down your cheeks) And So, I read on about it.

Ok, wonderful news until I got to the name of the manufacturer. It was put out by......are you ready? Brace yourself.....URBAN DECAY

Would you put URBAN DECAY on your face? Especially near your eyes?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meldy_nva(z6b VA)

Well, think of the women who slather themselves with Poison (perfume). Im not surprised that Decay follows Poison.

I don't put anything near my eyes. Too many reports of bacteria found in mascara, etc. causing infections. Sure, there are those who think that I (and other silver-heads) would "look better" wearing makeup, but I just don't care that much about the opinion of someone who is more interested in my looks than in my mind/character/sense of humor. I do care about my vision and refuse to risk it.

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 3:35PM
west_gardener

I'm sure I'm not one of their target audience in their ads. Never heard about them before. However, they seem to have a customer base, because they say they have been in business for 15 years. Someone must be buying their stuff.

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 6:52PM
kathyjane(z6VA)

It's more fun watching my daughters and DGD's when they're all dressed up to go somewhere special---they're just gorgeous and I get to watch the homefront while they're out and about---
HGTV on their flat-screen---here I come!

I think I look ghastly in makeup, now---hate the stuff.
(Can't find anything that is light in texture and airy.)

There was one exceptional woman in Atlanta some years back---ran into her in the ladies room of a restaurant---in her 70's or maybe, 80's, every shiny white hair in place, make-up was perfect,
nail polish, even her TOENAILS were painted--lovely sandles---total perfection.

I'm still in awe when I remember her.
My daughter said,
"Mom; this is the South and especially here in Atlanta, women take care of themselves, always.
Age has nothing to do with it."

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 9:46PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 14 - 15
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 16 - 15
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about...
don_socal
Rain!!!
Rain, gentle, steady rain - all night long and maybe...
lilosophie
Quotes 3 - 20 - 15
Do you realize that if you fall into a black hole,...
don_socal
Happy St. Patrick's Day
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! II'm not wearing green and...
mawheel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™