A long cruise - Valencia, Spain - part 5

jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois(5b)June 14, 2014

As we walked back to a place where we could meet our bus, I saw this wonderful building. It is right on one of the public squares.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois(5b)

And, a few blocks away on and different public square, these apartments.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 2:50PM

Gotta have a door picture; I tried to get Bill to move, but he didn't hear me. This is a Roman door in the wall as a part of its defense against anyone who might have some bad intentions.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 2:54PM

Back on the bus, we are heading out of town for lunch. This is another view of Valencia (as we are moving).

There were some slums that we saw, but it was a small area and remote from the center of town.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 2:57PM

Although still part of the city of Valencia, rice farming is a big business. We missed the harvest by a couple of weeks. This is a picture from our moving bus of one of the fields.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 3:00PM

Although tourism is the big money maker for the city of Valencia, there are still some residents who making their living from the sea. In the small burg of El Palmar, this fisherman's shack was notable.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 3:02PM

After our leisurely lunch, we headed back to the city of Valencia. Lunch for us did not begin until almost 3:00 p.m., maybe just a little later than what the locals would do, but not by much. We passed this church on the way, I have looked on Google earth and, evening knowing the route we took, I cannot locate and identify this rural church in a Valencia suburb.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 3:06PM

We made it to the Maasdam with plenty of time for our 6:00 sailing. As we departed the harbor, I noticed this dry dock set up. At least that is what I took it to be. Not for big ships for sure, but still they could get a boat out of the water for some repairs.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 3:09PM

Since our mid-day meal was later than usual, there is no rush to eat our evening meal. As we sailed out of the harbor, this sunset drew the attention of a lot of photographers.

A long day tomorrow, we'll be arriving in Barcelona at 8:00, with plans to meet our SpainDayTours guide on the pier at 8:30. We don't sail away until 11:00 p.m. Lots to see and do.

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 3:13PM
lilosophie

Interesting City, Valencia - appears to be very modernistic in architecture and well laid out.
Beautiful sunset

Bookmark   June 14, 2014 at 5:52PM
More Discussions
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™