Groundhog???

anneliese_32(6)June 21, 2012

How about Treehog?

Watched a woodchuck criss-cross the backyard, checking for dropped birdseed under the feeder, taking a sip of water from the birdbath, snuffling at the cat food and trying to get over the plastic netting into the raised tomato bed.

Out comes my neighbor. You would think the beastie would run under the shed or across the yard, no - it went UP! For about 10 minutes the animal sat about 8 feet high in the dogwood tree until my neighbor went back inside.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

I suspect a ground (tree) hog is smarter than a squirrel. When a squirrel is caught between a rock and a hard place, it sits and thinks about what to do and get's run over.

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 7:31PM
calliope(6)

LOL.....rabbits will also freeze and wait until you are upon them before they bolt. And squirrels? I've noticed when they are in our drive and I am coming up it in the car, they will never jump off to the side to avoid getting hit. They continue running up the drive trying to outpace you. I go so slowly I'm in first gear and the engine is trying to die. Deer are 'mind changers' When you come upon them in a car, you'd best just slow down because they always second guess their impulse to jump back into the woods and then bolt out in front of the car instead.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 1:35AM
don_socal

They all have their own personalities, jut like our pets do.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 7:41PM
More Discussions
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™