Anyone feel the earthquake this morning? (Friday)

catherinet(5 IN)April 18, 2008

Hi all,

I'm in central Indiana and had a weird awakening this morning. I felt like someone had dropped my bed from up in the air! Then I heard something in my TV/VCR clicking for awhile. Very strange. Within a few minutes, on a local news show, they were talking about a 5.4 earthquake with the epicenter in southeastern Illinois.

I'm sure for you folks in California, this is nothing, but it was strange! Isn't this earth something else?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chickadeedeedee(z 6-7 ish Ohio)

WOW! Good that's you're OK!!!!

Earlier this morning we heard the birds start fluttering and flying in a panic. What the heck?!?!? No was was calling just flying all of the sudden. Mike casually said maybe we're having an earthquake but can't feel it. OMG! There was an earthquake at about the same time and the birds did sense something! The dogs and cats? Snoring! LOL!

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 7:35AM
catherinet(5 IN)

Hi CD3.......my cat and dog didn't seem to be bothered by it either! But strangely, my dog isn't affected by thunder either.
That's very interesting about your birds. I wish I could have been really awake for it. I would have loved to notice if the turkey vultures roosting in in a nearby spruce tree flew off.
I'm wondering if my stocktank ponds did any mini-sunamis? haha
I guess they felt it in Iowa too, so I'm sure it could have made it to Ohio. Very exciting! (as long as there isn't any damage!)

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 8:09AM
youreit

I read about that one! I guess it was felt something like 350 miles away. Wow! Amazing about your birds, Chicka!

We never feel/get earthquakes here where we are in the Sacramento area....but maybe I just jinxed it. LOL I've felt quakes in the past - real strong ones as a kid up in Eureka, and later, up in Redding, the subtle kind that make you feel dizzy and nauseous - and I definitely don't miss them.

Brenda

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 9:20AM
horton(6 b Ontario.)

Catherinet, that's a pretty personal question! lol
"Horton"

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 5:42PM
jeanner(SW Ohio - Z6)

LOL Horton! I didn't feel it either but others here did, I was SLEEPING!

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
Herron attack
Just want to vent. The day before Christmas I went...
Mike56
Do crows eat frogs?
I've had my pond for 15 years, and never suspected...
robin321
Silicone brand - does it matter?
Hi all! So I'm currently repairing my first pathetic...
jennyb5149
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™