Want to make a fountain

ggschmerl(5 Michigan)April 6, 2006

Hello. I'm not sure where I should be posting this inquiry, so I thought I'd start here.

I want to make my own fountain. To buy one is horribly expensive. I've been looking at them for three years now.

I understand making your own can be quite easy to do. I'm thinking of making one with planter pots and I'm going to have it sit on my deck in a lounge/relaxation area, so I don't want something tabletop.

I've searched on line for some directions, step by step, but am not having much luck thus far. My 16 YO son and I will be the ones making it, so it's can't be too complicated.

Does anyone know where I can get some good directions for this project?

Thanks much.

Mindy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lefd05(z5/6 westCO)

Try Better Homes and Gardens website.

They have a slide show on there of different fountains with instructions on how to make them.

It is very easy to do. It can sometimes be a little pricey putting all the components together but usually still less espensive than buying something premade. Use your imagination and you can find things you may already have around the house to build your fountain.

Here is a link that might be useful: BHG Fountain slide show

Bookmark   April 6, 2006 at 12:06PM
semper_fi(Z7 GA)

Mindy, you may want to consider posting your question in the Pond Discussions Forum instead of here in the Conversations section. That section receives considerably more traffic and should offer you some additional help.

Good luck,
-Mark

Hmmmm.... Mark / Mindy.... Nanoo, Nannooo! :-)

Bookmark   April 6, 2006 at 8:34PM
ggschmerl(5 Michigan)

Thank you for referring me to the BHG link. They had some good step by step directions. Just what I needed.

Mark, you are funny! I used to hear that years ago when Mork and Mindy was popular. I rarely hear it anymore.

Mindy

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 1:35PM
fairy_toadmother

do you have a michael's craft store? they used to have project pages with the stuff.

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 6:32PM
More Discussions
Container water gardening step X step
Here's a weekend project for anyone that wants to add...
thepondfather
Hardiest Nelumbo?
Any idea if there is one variety of Asian Nelumbo that's...
fireweed22
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
New container water garden/fish pond
Hi everyone! We have wanted to create a water garden/fish...
Houndmom
How To Get Rid of Pond Vegetation
I had a small pond deepened and it is great except...
alameda/zone 8
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™