Kids: Ya Gotta Love 'Em?

youreitApril 20, 2006

Well, some of them, anyway. This kid sounds like either a future Einstein...or a future felon. :D

Brenda

Eight-Year-Old Takes Teacher's Minivan to Drive Home

A resourceful 8-year-old who "just wanted to drive around for a while," took his teacher's minivan and drove home Monday, according to Modesto police.

Police said the James Marshall School third-grader took the car keys from his teacher's purse when she wasn't looking, got into her gold Dodge Caravan, and drove it several blocks to his home in west Modesto without incident. He adjusted the driver's seat, steering wheel and rear view mirror for the ride home and turned on the radio, police say.

A witness saw the young boy driving and called police. The responding officers interviewed the boy and gave him a lecture. He was then released to his parents.

The boy, who was not identified because of his age, was suspended from school, according to his teacher, Caren Brady. She said on the one hand, she can laugh about it but on the other, she is worried about the boy beginning to steal at such a young age.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mucky_waters

8 years old! That is young, I didn't steal my first (only) car (van) until I was 13 yrs old. LOL
Dang thing ran out of gas 3 blocks away from the car lot, thus ended my short life of crime.
It was exciting while it lasted. LOL

Bookmark   April 21, 2006 at 12:19PM
sheepco(MN z4)

mucky waters, shh...don't be saying those things...you'll encourage our younger viewers. LOL!
No one needs to know what we really did when we were kids :) I'm still trying to repress most of 1976 thru 1980! And I was much older than 8!

Bookmark   April 21, 2006 at 11:41PM
youreit

Hey, that proves my theory, because you're right up there in the Einstein category, MW! :)

LOL Sheepco, I think we ALL are trying to repress SOME questionable things we did in our pasts. I'll just refer to the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy here on the Ponds forum. :D

Brenda

Bookmark   April 22, 2006 at 10:33AM
mucky_waters

Don't worry I'm repressing plenty of tainted exploits from my youth, swiping the van was one I don't mind mentioning though because it was more amusing than criminal.
Stealing a vehicle that has an empty gas tank,,, yeah that sounds like a real Einstein! LOL
Still, running out of gas after only a few blocks was probably the best thing that could have happen to us under the circumstances. :)

Bookmark   April 23, 2006 at 10:18AM
More Discussions
My fish is sick - treating for dropsy
Am attempting to treat one of my fish... classic dropsy...
kashka_kat
Free mosquito fish (Gambusia) in FL?
Does any one know if you can get free mosquito fish(Gambusia)...
novembergrl
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
Herron attack
Just want to vent. The day before Christmas I went...
Mike56
How To Get Rid of Pond Vegetation
I had a small pond deepened and it is great except...
alameda/zone 8
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™