Herb - the cat that thinks he's a lamb...

sheepco(MN z4)April 28, 2006

Well I haven't been able to get a picture of the great games of lamb tag yet, but here's Herb getting some coaching...

Sarah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
youreit

That's about the cutest thing I've seen in a LONG time, Sarah! Herb is a good ol' big'un with a little lamb lovin' on his mind, I see. LOL

Brenda

Bookmark   April 29, 2006 at 10:28AM
bonz(WI)

What a darling picture, Sarah. Those babies are sooooo sweet looking, and look so soft, too! Herb looks like he's a pretty big boy!

Bookmark   April 30, 2006 at 11:24PM
sheepco(MN z4)

Herb is Grand PoohBah of the farm - hunter, sentry, and king. The only thing he stays away from are the dogs - WELL beneath his dignity, but he errs on the side of caution. (Actually they have chased him up the ocassional tree, but only when he wasn't paying attention!) He LIVES for his lambs. Coaxes, cuddles and plays with them. It is his purpose in life :) I have seen him curled up under a heat lamp with newborn lambs, stretched out in the hay bunk watching over his flock, and napping on a ewes back in the pasture on a frosty morning. He's a good mouser - keeps the feed safe from rodents. Rarely gets a bird or bunny. He's well vaccinated and I feed him well, I don't believe the old wives tale that good mousers are always hungry. But he's actually a compact cat - only about 10#. A great cat for the tiny cold kitty I found mouthing off (loudly) under a bush at work during a snowstorm!
Thanks for looking, Sarah

Bookmark   May 1, 2006 at 11:11PM
youreit

That is one amazing cat, Sarah. How old is he?

I wish my cat tolerated ANY other animal, let alone sheep. Or even goats would be fun! LOL

Brenda

Bookmark   May 2, 2006 at 1:06PM
fairy_toadmother

how precious. of course he likes lamb snuggles. they are made of nice warm wool. :)

anyone else get the urge to pat those rumps?

Bookmark   May 3, 2006 at 2:46AM
jeffahayes(8a Upstate SC)

Sarah, can you clone Herb?

I'm not normally much of a "cat person," but I've just GOTTA have me a "Herb." He just seems TOO COOL! I bet even he and Tater Tot would get along (once he taught Tater Tot to behave himself, lol).

BTW, that lamb lickie, is that what you call a "lamb chop?"

LOVE the picture!
Jeff

Bookmark   May 4, 2006 at 12:48AM
More Discussions
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
Growing store bought lotus?
I found lotus roots in the grocery store tonight. Maybe...
fireweed22
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
Black Magic Elephant ear plant
for the first time I have two balck magic elephant...
sandyl
Silicone brand - does it matter?
Hi all! So I'm currently repairing my first pathetic...
jennyb5149
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™