Jimmy Dean RIP

west_gardenerJune 14, 2010

I read that Jimmy Dean passed away today at age 81.

I remember Jimmy as a very nice young man when he was hosting a radio show in DC, way back. We, our friends and I were invited to go to his radio show. He would greet us at the door and thank us for coming. During the show we danced to the music and after the show he would stand at the door and shake our hands and thank us for coming. He was a gentleman all the way.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oscarthecat(z7MD)

jimmy dean, jimmy dean, come back to the 5 and dime. Steve S.

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 7:03AM
coconut_nj

He always radiated energy of a very nice person. He certainly had a varied life and career and seemed quite satisfied. I do hope he was.
RIP Jimmmy Dean

Here is a link that might be useful: Big John

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 1:51AM
west_gardener

Big John brings back memories and I'm glad he had a big hit. I met him when he was a young guy, just starting out, I'd say he was about 23-25 years old. He was skinny as a reed and pale as a ghost. But when he sat down at the mike the wonderful voice came to life.
coconut, come to think of it, I think you have something there about him "radiating energy of a very nice person". And I think our parents knew that, because they allowed us to go to his radio show, they even droves us there and picked us up.
The bad boys, Sinatra and company came to town (DC) during the same time and especially during Kennedy's era, they invited us young girls to attend their "parties", but our parents said no. So no it was. Lol, I guess the parents knew best.

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 7:34PM
coconut_nj

LOL.. West.. that's funny... yeah.. keep ya away from those Jersey boys... smiles..

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 11:39PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 3 - 15
Late afternoon on the West Coast ends with the sky...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 4 - 15
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long...
don_socal
And just because it is Dr. Seuss Day
The more you read, The more you know. The more you...
anneliese32
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™