Okay. Time for a roll call.

pondmaninal(7b)April 8, 2010

I see names that I remember. Let's see if they remember the PondmaninFL.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
koijoyii(NE Ohio)

If my memory serves me correctly your name is Scott and you and your wife were in the process of buying a trailer home with acreage in Florida.

Jenny

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 9:28AM
pondmaninal(7b)

Well, Jenny, you got the name right but we both lost our jobs and were only renting. My sister paid for most of the move up to here. A reduced version of the pond moved with us.

Scott

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 9:42PM
maryo_nh(z5 SouthernNH)

Well hello there Scott. How's the reduced pond faring? Here up north spring has arrived with a vengeance, the pond cleared up within a week of starting up the waterfall and settling chambers, the lily pads are at the surface, the water is 65 degrees three weeks after ice-out - I sooo can't wait to get wet!

It's a bit sad to see the goldfish without their fearless leader, since Demetrius was a floating ice lump in early March... but the waterlilies will fare better so it's all good.

:) Mary

Bookmark   April 11, 2010 at 9:59PM
pondmaninal(7b)

Mary, I know all about losing fish but not because of Winter. A lot of plants are coming back. Last year, someone sent me some yellow floating heart. It grew like a weed and was the first to come back after the ice left the trough. I've been emptying pots that tropical water lilies were in. I have found lots of corms that they produced when it turned cold. Now to put them in a warm barrel to see if they will start.

Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 9:25PM
More Discussions
New UV ordered
This is my first time that I will use a UV lamp for...
hwarrick
Growing store bought lotus?
I found lotus roots in the grocery store tonight. Maybe...
fireweed22
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
Free mosquito fish (Gambusia) in FL?
Does any one know if you can get free mosquito fish(Gambusia)...
novembergrl
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™