RE: Advice....

sheepco(MN z4)April 9, 2006

For Puppy Owners

The best piece of advice ever given any puppy owner is to get a newspaper, roll it up very tight, secure it with a rubber band and leave it on the coffee table. Then when the puppy piddles in the house, chews up a slipper, or does anything it is not supposed to: You simply take the newspaper and bang it on the top of your head very hard while repeating "I should have been watching my puppy".

Author Unknown

Hi,

My week is going well, the ewes are all lambing in the middle of the night...I don't do well on 5 hours of sleep a night. Kate and Emma have had 2 fights in 3 days, (both due to the new pup, but who needs it...)They're fine...licking their wounds :(

BUT...I hopped in the pond today (in hip boots - VERY nice :) raised up the plants, cleaned out the algae, and got the skippy/waterfall started. It was 55 today! Did a 25% water change, but of course still too murky to find all the fish. Got my order from Aquatic plant depot - some not so hardy stuff is now in a new 'pond' in my kitchen.

Hit a sale at WM and got some nice BIG pots for the deck - I'm thinking container gardening in a big way this year.

AND...Murphy actually scratched at the door and WAITED to be let out! :) :) :)

Have a GREAT Day!! Sarah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zinniachick(southwest Ohio)

Yay Sarah! That's excellent news.

We got our pump up and running yesterday after vaccuuming the pond with the old pool pump. DH used the pond effluent to squirt the trees with the fire hose, a good 20 feet up the trunks. Rye the dominant pup saw this and went up on the porch and lay there with a morose expression. No dog can top that, he clearly was thinking.

Bookmark   April 10, 2006 at 10:11AM
isis_nebthet(8b/11suns SoCA)

I love the puppy owner advice :)

Adrea

Bookmark   April 10, 2006 at 11:02PM
youreit

I love the "advice", too! :D Murphy's such a good puppy! Hope Kate and Emma heal quickly, and realize that Three's Company! :)

LOL @ Rye!

Brenda

Bookmark   April 11, 2006 at 11:02AM
More Discussions
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
Growing store bought lotus?
I found lotus roots in the grocery store tonight. Maybe...
fireweed22
New UV ordered
This is my first time that I will use a UV lamp for...
hwarrick
Black Magic Elephant ear plant
for the first time I have two balck magic elephant...
sandyl
Container water gardening step X step
Here's a weekend project for anyone that wants to add...
thepondfather
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™