Quotes 7 - 17 - 14

don_socalJuly 18, 2014

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
Edgar Allan Poe

I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.
Jules Verne

If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain

The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it.
Doug Larson

When I play with my cat, who knows whether she is not amusing herself with me more than I with her.
Michel de Montaigne

Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay not attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap.
William Bennett

There's kind of a toll you have to pay with a cat; if you don't pet her for 10 minutes she'll bother you for six hours.
Scott Adams

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

All of these and

Some cats are blind,
And stone-deaf some,
But ain't no cat
Wuz ever dumb.

Anthony Henderson Euwer

Thanks for the oh so right quotes.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 9:32AM
lilosophie

Love the cat truth, Maximus is the living proof of all the above. He's on my lap now, getting there by knocking my desklamp over with his butt and wanting to help spill my coffee with his headbutting.

Glad you are back

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 9:41AM
rob333

A box soothes all ills. -Murphy boo

....who loves to sit in them, play with paws flailing about in them, then finish them off fully, tabs ripped to smithereens with his sharp teeth. He seems so pleased when it's gone the gamut, makes me wish for a box big enough to get in and drive like it's a car. Ah childhood.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 1:12PM
mawheel

Those are great quotes!

I've always been an animal lover, but leaned more towards dogs than cats, never thinking I'd become a 'cat person'. However, due to health problems of a family member five years ago, we took 'temporary custody' of Maggie, thinking she wouldn't be with us too long. Another 'however': Maggie now rules this house and we wouldn't/couldn't let her go! She has brought more pleasure and downright joy to DH and me than we would have thought possible.

Robb, Murphy Boo is precious! She looks small and dainty, but I bet she 'rules your roost'!

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 6:08PM
west_gardener

Great kitty quotes, Don.
Thanks and welcome back.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 7:22PM
More Discussions
Weather, it's still winter
and we are having a heat wave , temps from 70-80 degrees;...
west_gardener2
When is Spring?
A count down to spring.http://days.to/spring/2015
west_gardener2
Happy St. Patrick's Day
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! II'm not wearing green and...
mawheel
Quotes 3 - 19 - 15
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 11 - 15
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Alabster Rocks! 48-Inch Bowl 6000 Lumen LED Pendant with Large Square Point Fini
Bellacor
Area Rug: Courtyard Garden Ivory 7' 7" x 10' 10"
Home Depot
Uttermost Jacklyn 23" x 37" Polished Chrome Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Knee Pads
$8.99 | zulily
Zollo Pendant
Lightology
Ivory/Blue Outdoor Polypropylene Area Rug (7'10 x 10'10)
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™