Banking can be hazardous to your health!

Janis_G(z7GA)July 19, 2011

Wells Fargo took over Wachovia and things haven't been the same for me since.

I really loved my bank. In a small town pretty much everyone

knows your name, especially if you have lived there all your life and if you've always had the same bank.

I always go to the drive thru window and the ladies

that work there always ask how things are going, they ask about Neil and banking is a pleasant affair or it was until I drove up to the window the other day and came face to face with the rudest bank teller

in the world. He was 400 lbs of attitude, someone had p!$$ed him off and he was he!! bent on taking it out on me.

I have never been talked to in such a manner in my life.

It was embarrassing, humiliating and I was so taken aback

by it all that I was speechless. Speechless until I got home

and then I was furious. I called the bank, told the manager

what had happened and said that I was seriously considering

changing banks. The manager said they would talk to the teller,

asked me to reconsider changing banks and

apologized profusely. I cooled off and the next time I went

to the bank the lady apologized to me and asked if the

teller had called to apologize. I told her no, he hadn't and

that I never wanted to see him ever again.

Today I had to go to the bank and both ladies waved to me as I pulled up. When it came my turn, I pulled up, reached over and took the tube put my deposit in and was attempting to

replace the tube when all of a sudden I heard a GIANT sucking sound and I felt my arm being pulled upward. The tube disappeared and I jerked my arm back so quickly that only two of my fingers actually made it to the tube tunnel.

The teller and I were so stunned by what had happened that

we froze for a minute and then she was asking if I was okay.

I started laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my

cheeks. I told her I wasn't coming back again that I could take a hint. First they tried yelling at me to get me to leave and when that didn't work they tried jerking my arm off. I was still laughing when she sent the tube back out with candy in it.

I told her I was no dummy that it was a trap and I wasn't sticking my hand any where near that thing. Katrina and I and the tellers were all still laughing as I drove away.

Be careful while banking. :0)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mwoods

I'm glad you weren't hurt Janis..you easily could have been. So what did this teller say to you that made you speechless?

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 8:55AM
rob333

Jan speechless, yea right. ((wink, wink))

That big teller better look out or banking will be hazardous to his health when I git ahold of 'im! No one messes with my Janis! You tell him he better run.

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 10:35AM
calliope(6)

Yeah it's amazing how brazen they get with "our" money. News break, your mattress will give you about as good a return as their moneymarkets. LOL.

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 1:07PM
west_gardener

I totally agree with your statement:"Wells Fargo took over Wachovia and things haven't been the same for me since.
I really loved my bank."
We've been customers of WF for more than 30 years and for the most part it has been a good and easy relationship.
After WF took over Wachovia , I felt like I was treated like a criminal just by walking into a branch.
There were a couple of people at the door asking how they could "HELP" me.I had to explain what I wanted to do in the bank. Lol, I wanted to deposite a couple of checks. Once I was in line, there was a camera trained on my face, and by the time I got to the tellers, they knew my name and called me by name. I had never been in that branch before.
I think WF knows they bought a "bad bank" and did everything they could to protect themselves.

Bookmark   July 20, 2011 at 7:16PM
More Discussions
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Please excuse my tardiness
Power went out Thurday late evening, got back after...
anneliese32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™