quotes 7 -21 -13

don_socalJuly 21, 2013

Who is more in touch with the problems of this country? One of those guys who goes off to Oxford or to University of Yale, or someone who has lived in buses, in the Metro, in the street?
Gloria Trevi

People who want to understand democracy should spend less time in the library with Aristotle and more time on the buses and in the subway.
Simeon Strunsky

In our Nation, approximately 22.5 million children ride school buses to and from school each day, which accounts for 54 percent of all students attending grade school.
Kenny Marchant

We're investing record sums on buses and trains. We have a huge programme to encourage people to walk and cycle, and everyone up to and including the PM has been looking closely at how we can promote electric vehicles, hybrids, and other technologies.
Geoff Hoon

If you want to see life up close ride the bus for a couple of weeks. There will be many things revealed that will surprise most that have not experienced this separate world that is hidden from those that ride by themselves in their cars.
Me

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

I like your quote a lot, Don. I spent almost 1/4 of my life on Public transportation: trolleys, buses and trains, I agree life is more interesting that way.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 9:36AM
anneliese_32(6)

Good quotes. Like Lilo, I spent a good amount of time on public transportation, it often was interesting.
Wish we had some here. There is since years talk about a bus line going from one end of the county to the other, but nothing becomes of it, after all, the powers to be drive their own cars and others, well there are always cabs, aren't there?

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 1:25PM
west_gardener

Great and timely quotes,Don.
I lived in Europe in my early years, I used public transportation, trolly, bus and trains. It worked very well.
Moved to CA some 50 years ago, and the auto was king.
Fast forward, our city has a public transportation hub, with light rail, train , bus terminal, both housing and businesses are built around this hub.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 7:12PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 19 - 15
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
Please excuse my tardiness
Power went out Thurday late evening, got back after...
anneliese32
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™