Quotes 7 - 29 - 14

don_socalJuly 29, 2014

Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.
Sophia Loren

From early on there were two things that filled my life - music and storytelling, both of them provoked by my father. He was a jazz pianist and also a very good storyteller, an avid reader. He passed both those interests on to me.
Athol Fugard

I grew up in New England at the edge of the Atlantic and have for many years been an avid rower. I've rowed in various places, including the Ganges in India, the River Shannon in Ireland, and the Sea of Galilee.
Rosemary Mahoney

I'm an avid bridge player. I usually go to the local bridge club three or four times a week. I've always been a game-player, and I think bridge is one of the greatest games ever invented. It's too bad that not many young people play it any more.
Louis Sachar

I'm an avid animal lover. When I was 16, I wanted to be a vet or a zookeeper. I grew up with animals. At one time we had between five and eight dogs in the house, with four cats. We're menagerie people.
Misty May-Treanor

We had an erector set, and I was an avid fan of Popular Mechanics and Popular Science magazines.
James Van Allen

I'm an avid biography reader.
Brent Spiner

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

Good ones,

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 9:25AM
west_gardener

I agree with Sophia Loren,
There are so many talented people that hide their talent , because they are afraid to go out there and make someth9ng happen.'
Love the word "avid". Does that mean you are a follower or a leader?

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 6:18PM
anneliese_32(6)

Avid reader, that's what I am. Like the quotes.

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 6:50PM
More Discussions
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™