Quote 7-21-11

don_socalJuly 21, 2011

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a debate that goes on inside people. He said,"My son, the battle between two wolves is inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith."

The grandson thought about this for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Author unknown

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mwoods

This is priceless,Don. I think my favorite quotes and stories over the years here at the GP tend to come from American Indians.

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 8:13AM
west_gardener

Great quote, Don. I copied it and sent it to DH and DS and copied myself. DH asked witch on would we feed? DS said he'd feed the one that cried the loudest, DH would feed the "good one". I'm not an absolutist, I know both will raise their heads, so I monitor the feedings.

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 7:30PM
coconut_nj

Ah, wonderful quote to come visit on. Thanks Don. I do admit that the America's First People quotes touch special places.

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 10:05PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 21 - 15
Life is a lot like jazz... it's best when you improvise. George...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 18 - 15
Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness,...
don_socal
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
arturo_barrera
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™