Quotes 7/25/2012

lilosophieJuly 25, 2012

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. ~Henry Ford

In the central place of every heart there is a recording chamber. So long as it receives a message of beauty, hope, cheer, and courage - so long are you young. When the wires are all down and our heart is covered with the snow of pessimism and the ice of cynicism, then, and only then, are you grown old. ~Douglas MacArthur

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? ~Satchel Paige

PS: Happy birthday, mwheel! Octogenarian ain't bad at all, it does cut you some slack.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

There were a lot of things I was not supposed to do because, after all, senior citizens don't do .......and whatever. While old age can be a good excuse for things you don't want to do, it mainly exists in the brain of the others, not myself.

Wonderful quotes, Lilo.

Happy birthday, mwheel,from me too. Did not notice any change when I changed from 79 to 80.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 8:29AM
don_socal

The joy and wonderment of learning about ourselves and the world around us give us the desire to continue and experience more of life. The mindset to pursue that natural knowledge is the catalyst that results in that desire for life.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 10:14AM
mawheel

Thanks for the birthday wishes; turning 80 didn't bother me, b/c, as the "Uppity Blues Women" sing, "Age Ain't Nothin' But A Number", and someone else said, "80 is just what comes after 79".

Henry Ford's words are so apt; the older I become the more I realize there's always something new to learn. I hope I can keep on learning, as long as I'm here.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
Happy Birthday, Don!
Have a great Day, a wonderful year. Wishing you improved...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™