Rumor has it...

diggery(z8)May 19, 2010

...y'all are looking for some new blood over here, sooo...thought I'd drop in & say hello. Y'all are havin way too much fun! *chuckle* I broke my vow of lurkdom about this time last yr only out of *sheer desperation* And let me stop here & give a shout-out to sleeplessinftwayne & squirelette for their excellent advice & encouragment. Woulda tossed in the towel if not for them! My marriage of ponds tunrned out quite nicely for such a humble lil watering hole.

I stopped posting back then because I felt guilty for being unable to post pics.. I know how you LOVE your pics!=] Funny thing happened a few wks later - my camera *magically* (ahem) reappeared in it's assigned spot. Imagine that. Suffice it to say there was conspiracy afoot.

Anyhoo, dd will be here this weekend and w/her help, perhaps I can get some looong overdue appreciation photos posted in the gallery. Don't get yer hopes up tho - it's a pond only a mother (toad) could love. At least, I assume so based on the hundreds of tadpoles I see darting around.

I trust all of you in the warmer regions have been busy cleaning, tweaking, repotting & having a great time. Ain't it great?

~digger

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goodkarma_(5b)

Welcome back! Glad your camera is no longer MIA and look forward to your pics. Here in zone 5 the pond is up and running for about a month and home to toadpoles as well. Isn't it funny how ponders call our toad tadpoles "toadpoles". Something most of us do. Did you add a caption to the caption contest? If not please do.:)

Lisa

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 11:51PM
diggery(z8)

Thanks for the welcome! Gonna try a couple of test pics...hope that's ok.

Shamu the killer goldfish terrorizing last yr's crop of toadpoles

my pondering place =]

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 4:33PM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

I'm glad to see you back, with or without questions. As with my gardening, most of what I have learned has been from others who share my passions and who have learned from their experience or from others themselves. My best teachers have been those with dirty fingernails.

Looking forward to more pictures.

Bookmark   May 22, 2010 at 3:18PM
goodkarma_(5b)

Wow your water is clear. After all my years of ponding I have just found out that Koi eat toadpoles. Never saw it before this year. Your Goldie Shamu already knew this. lol

Bookmark   May 23, 2010 at 5:27PM
More Discussions
My kids Turtle Pond
In 1982 I moved my family from Medford Lakes NJ to...
thepondfather
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
Hardiest Nelumbo?
Any idea if there is one variety of Asian Nelumbo that's...
fireweed22
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
New 50g pond in SE FL...fish & plant suggestions?
Hi, My SO just installed a new in-ground pond in our...
sumognat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™