Yeah! My ponds are up and running!!

sheepco(MN z4)May 13, 2007

Thanks to 3 dear friends toiling in the 90+ degree heat today! While I'm still using a walker, they raised the plants, cleaned the sludge off the bottom, finished setting up my new 60 gallon skippy and hung the marginals on the sides of my 300ga pond. Then drained and cleaned out the 275ga liner pond, placed the plants and set up the 1/2 whiskey barrel skippy for that one! What a pick me up!!

Bless their hearts. It's soooo nice to hear that running water. I don't care about the plants around it right now, I wouldn't ask them for more. But I'm practically delirious...can ya tell?

:) :) :) Sarah

Hope to be weight-bearing Thursday! Yep, "Strap 'er down!"...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sockmonkeyz6(z6PA)

That's really really great Sarah! I doubt if straps'll hold ya down, LOL. Everyone at our house said it's so good to hear that sound again. I got so happy to hear it, I just sat out there (or knealt) pulling weeds for two days and didn't even mind. Just loved listening to it and talking to the fishies as they followed me around the pond watching me. I love those wet pets so much! Never thought I'd think fish are cute, but they are!!

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 12:57AM
youreit

That's wonderful, Sarah! Wow, temps in the 90s for you, too!? I thought we were the only ones with unusually hot weather already.

What great friends you have! I hope you don't need to be strapped down, and that you're up and running soon. LOL

Brenda

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 10:08AM
sheepco(MN z4)

Water's cleared up tonight, hope to toss the fish back in this coming weekend :) Then I can wait out the algae bloom, though getting a late start has given the lilies more time to grow, lol.

Still have to hide the plastic streamlet/falls and clean up the landscaping around it, but that can wait.

Still smilin', Sarah

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 9:32PM
jeanner(SW Ohio - Z6)

Thats great! What great friends to play in the muck for you .... can you send them over, my lilies need repotted :^)

Take it EASY on that ankle - no marathons for you for awhile.

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 10:12PM
fairy_toadmother

whooo hooooo!

Bookmark   May 15, 2007 at 5:58PM
horton(6 b Ontario.)

Zipiddy-doo-dah! There will be no stoppin' you.
Glad to hear you are on the mend.
"Horton"

Bookmark   May 15, 2007 at 6:45PM
More Discussions
New 50g pond in SE FL...fish & plant suggestions?
Hi, My SO just installed a new in-ground pond in our...
sumognat
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
Tree stump for decoration???
Hello all, I need information about my new 2,800 gallon...
izolah76
Spring is slowly getting here
It is 71 degrees outside and all the ice has melted...
frankielynnsie
Overwintered Goldfish
So I have a small outdoor pond which I've had for 5...
MrBlubs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™