Temporary email outage

jeanner(SW Ohio - Z6)May 9, 2007

My host provider is experiencing "difficulties" so my email has been getting rejected for the last couple of days and they are saying another 24 before it is fixed (and I'll believe that when I see it!). Have they not heard of testing before they make a production change!!! I'd be fired if it took me three days to get a production system back online. Geez. And don't even get me started on HughesNet. Don't these people know that I go into re-drawal after 24 hours without internet access and email - so sad but true.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sockmonkeyz6(z6PA)

How dare they! I think we oughta all bombard them with complaints till they fix jeanner's email! Make them pay for therapy for her withdrawal too! humph!

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 9:07AM
comettose(7)

I was wondering why I got an email back from your server.

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 8:34PM
zinniachick(southwest Ohio)

That explains why I got no response when I offered all that plastic strapping and scrubber pads from my biofilter. (They went out with the trash today. I figured you didn't want them anyway.) I hope all works out sooner rather than later. I admire your restraint -- I'd have been bleeding out the ears by now.

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 9:58PM
semper_fi(Z7 GA)

"And don't even get me started on HughesNet."

Thought you mentioned a while back that DSL was now available in your area. Get on wit' it woman!

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 10:05PM
jeanner(SW Ohio - Z6)

Sockmonkey, I'm glad you interpreting that re-drawal as withdrawal - I'm so mad I can't even type straight!

Zinniachick, actually I did reply but it is stuck in my outbox. Thanks for the offer, I think I'm good on the filter media. I had to restrain myself yesterday when I was on live-chat with tech support. Unfortunately I just renewed with my host provider for another year.

Semper, it's just not gonna happen. We were told it was available and we signed up, got the modem, software etc but when they went to activate they found it was not avaiable at the sub-station for us. And they said it wouldn't be avaialable anytime soon so I am stuck with HughesNet and they know it.

Aw well, it's really just "small" stuff ....

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 10:20PM
youreit

I was thinking Zinniachick offered up the strapping and scrubber pads to the Internet gods, so I was going to offer up something, too. Whew, what a relief! LOL

One knows the true worth (...worthiness) of something when one has no other options. We don't have DSL here, either, but it didn't take them lying to us to find out. Hope you were fully reimbursed, Jean! If you can answer....:D

Brenda

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 10:20AM
zinniachick(southwest Ohio)

Jean's summoning her bird minions to exact revenge. Look out.

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
betta anger issues
Hi guys. I have 3 bettas 1 male 2 female. The male...
clancy87
A deck window to my pond
Covered a portion of my pond with a deck so I decided...
thepondfather
New UV ordered
This is my first time that I will use a UV lamp for...
hwarrick
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
Waterlilies won't grow, leaves are small and curled
Hi all, I have waterlillies that until a year ago was...
reneek
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™