Getting rid of unused prescription medication
I am cleaning out the odds and ends before moving. I have some leftover medications. Is this right?
For Pills and Liquids:
1. Keep the medicines in the original container. This will help identify the contents if they are accidentally ingested.
2. Remove your name and prescription number to safeguard your identity.
3.or pills, add some water or soda to start dissolving them.
4. For liquids, add something inedible like cat litter, dirt or cayenne pepper.
5. Close the lid and secure with duct tape or packing tape.
6. Place the bottle(s) inside an opaque (non see-through) container like a coffee can or plastic laundry bottle.
7. Tape that container closed.
8. Hide the container in the trash. Do not put in the recycle bin.