Paging C3D

koijoyii(NE Ohio)June 17, 2010

Hi Chicka:

Wondering if you know anyone in our area that treats koi. My ogon butterfly is egg bound. I have lots of fry in the pond, but didn't see her for a few days. Thought she may be just resting after the males chased her continually for almost a week. I was also afraid the heron might have got her because my water is so green. (It made several circles of my pond the other night) She came up this morning to eat and appears to be egg bound. Her scales aren't sticking up so I don't think it's dropsy, but she is huge on the left side. She is still eating but doesn't appear to be herself. She can't swim straight with her side all swollen. The nearest koi vet I can find is in Lewis Center, OH right on the outskirts of Columbus.

I called several local veterinarians with no luck, I am in the process of calling pet stores now to see if they can recommend anyone.

Please e-mail me if you know anyone closer. Thanks in advance.

Jenny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chickadeedeedee(z 6-7 ish Ohio)

Is that Maria Gardens, on Rt. 82 in Columbia Station, the place with koi? They might be able to help.

Give Northview Animal Clinic a call. 440 327-8282 and see if they tx. koi. They treat about everything under the sun.

Call the Cleveland Zoo and ask if you can speak to one of their vets. I *think* Dr. Lewendowski is still there. He's VERY nice and has answered countless questions about hedgehogs, alligators ... everything for me.

Sorry that I don't know enough about koi myself to help you. :(

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 8:28AM
koijoyii(NE Ohio)

Thanks Chicka:

Will try all of them. I called the zoo yesterday, but they didn't return my call. Now that I have a name I may be more successful.

Will keep you posted.

Jenny

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 10:35AM
chickadeedeedee(z 6-7 ish Ohio)

Sorry ... It's WATER GARDENS not Maria Gardens on Rt. 82. They are between Boone Rd. and West River in Columbia Station.

Will try to run down a KOI-Vet tonight too. :-)

Awwwwwww....... !!!! Our Ogon was eaten by a raccoon two years ago. :*(

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
Overwintered Goldfish
So I have a small outdoor pond which I've had for 5...
MrBlubs
Herron attack
Just want to vent. The day before Christmas I went...
Mike56
Do crows eat frogs?
I've had my pond for 15 years, and never suspected...
robin321
Waterlilies won't grow, leaves are small and curled
Hi all, I have waterlillies that until a year ago was...
reneek
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™