What is in the pond? (This is gross....)

ademink(z5a-5b Indianapolis)June 29, 2006

Ok, even though this is technically a pond thread, I don't dare put it on the "real" forum. rotflol

Yesterday I was gardening..imagine that...and I glanced over at the marginal area that has the "bird bathing" station. I saw this weird brown puffy fungus looking stuff there...kind of reddish brown like that slime mold you find on mulch.

Since I recently mulched, I thought perhaps some spores liked that area and had hatched or something. I went over and was poking it w/ my finger and trying to figure out if I should take it out or what.

So I'm poke poke poking and then I about passed out b/c the most NASTY smell in the world drifted up..........and dare I say FAMILIAR smell????? LOL IT WAS CAT POOP!!!!!!!!! Kitty Boy or some other stray CRAPPED in the marginal area...I'm talking floating puddle o' doodoo and I'm sitting there poking it. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I about puked...it was SO gross. So then how to get it out w/o it distributing out in the pond (it was floating, people). So I got a tupperware (don't worry, I won't be bringing over meals to share w/ you anytime soon lol) and used the lid to kinda scoop it in there, pushed the lid on and went and sterilized my hands.

Have you ever heard of such a thing????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandmapoo(z8 S.Texas)

LOL!!! I can't say I've ever heard of such a thing, but you made my day!!! OMG, now to catch my breath.........
This is the very reason I visit over here! :)

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 10:53AM
sockmonkeyz6(z6PA)

AAAkkkkkkk! I bet the cat (probably Kitty Boy) was snickering hiding in all those beautiful plants watching you. He probably heard you talking about rehoming him! LOL
Debbie

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 12:42PM
youreit

LMAO!!!! @ Andrea & Debbie (& WITH 'Poo)

Ok, I've never had that poop experience, but I HAVE witnessed my cat snickering at me from the bushes. Probably because she thinks it's funny that I can't lick myself or whatever.

I usually don't poke things that I'm unsure of (maybe it's something ingrained in me since childhood or possibly it's something to do with DNA)....wait, I don't poke things with my fingers. Just wanted to clarify that.

I think the orphan Master Gardener might have been fertilizing the lilies, but that's the optomist in me. :D

Brenda

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 2:17PM
ademink(z5a-5b Indianapolis)

OMG, that just made me scream w/ laughter...the fingers thing.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 6:06PM
chickadeedeedee(z 6-7 ish Ohio)

LOL!!!!

Haven't had that in my pond (yet), unless it was a "sinker".
:-)

3DChick

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 8:01PM
fairy_toadmother

i am paralyzed! a quadrafanaticallaughicus!

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 8:32PM
semper_fi(Z7 GA)

Nahhhhh! Don't be a glass half empty gal. It could've been worse.

"Hmmmmm.... what the heck is this??? It looks like poop. It feels like poop. It tastes like...."

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 9:42PM

Don't let Bill Murray near your pond!

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 10:02PM
sockmonkeyz6(z6PA)

I'd rather have what Bill Murray threw in the pool that what Andrea found!! Shoot! I was just gonna have a Baby Ruth for a snack too!

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 10:22PM
fairy_toadmother

ewwwwwwwww, had to come back and i am still laughing! thing is, i can see myself doing that. ah, where IS jeff corwin when you need him?

Bookmark   June 30, 2006 at 2:08AM
youreit

I'm just glad I'm not near the pond now. But I better do laundry. *stomach hurting from laughter*

Brenda

Bookmark   June 30, 2006 at 3:02PM

MaryOH could place her little yellow cards around the crime scene to apply for her CSI stint!

Bookmark   June 30, 2006 at 8:24PM
maryo_nh(z5 SouthernNH)

I'll have to stop the tears rolling down my cheeks first. A sinker. Heeheeheehee.
Good thing I just finished off the chocolate.

We have of course in the far past had the unavoidable incident in the bathtub when there were more than one not quite potty trained earthlets in it. And the attending grown-up did her very best to stop the earthlets from poking.

And what did I do with this gorgeous Friday? Remove the POKEweed from all the borders...

:) Mary

*I think I woke up DH laughing so hard*

Bookmark   June 30, 2006 at 10:27PM
fairy_toadmother

skip, skip...skip to the loo!

Bookmark   July 1, 2006 at 4:11AM
More Discussions
Snake is eating my frog--Help!!
I looked out my second floor window and saw some movement...
sara_in_philly
How To Get Rid of Pond Vegetation
I had a small pond deepened and it is great except...
alameda/zone 8
Overwintered Goldfish
So I have a small outdoor pond which I've had for 5...
MrBlubs
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™