Dog Days Musin'

endorphinjunkie(z7bAlabama)July 27, 2011

It's too hot to do much else. I do believe the equatorial nations of the world got it right when each one invented it's version of the siesta.

Been cruising youtube. Came across several of my favourite poems that I learnt in childhood, or yet, early adolescence. This is one I chose to memorize for a 10th grade English Class. Everyone else was doing Robbie Burns or Emmy Dickens or some others in the same vein.

Invictus

Was pleased to find that some European bank had commissioned a series of ads and hired top shelf actors to read classic works. I was pleased to see John Gielgud reading "Ullysses" but he's reading it too fast for my taste. Time constraint, methinks.

This has lead to searching for other poets and works on youtube. Yeats is the bomb. It's been a most pleasant hour or so of some creative time slaying.

Time slaying is a fine art, and works the same way as those who subscribe to the theory about time spent fishing not being charged against one's allotted time on this marble.

Where's Batya? She mentioned a hydroponics project a month or two ago.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

Heard someone talking a couple of weeks ago, and they were citing a survey given to people who were older on what they would've done differently. The overwhelming answers were, and I totally agree, risk more, did things that lasted longer (invest in the future? something like that), and pondered more. Ponder more really stuck with me. I remember in my senior seminar class the professor was taking about how some people think others who sit and think are wasting time. But he thought it was a worthwhile thing and other thinkers of his time have too. I don't disagree. But just sitting and thinking, that takes effort. At least as an American.

So what are you going to grow with your hydroponics?

C'mon batya! Come report.

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 1:33PM
More Discussions
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
Photos from my recent cruise.
Coral World in St. Thomas. My first time there was...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™