July 4, 2008

sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)July 5, 2008

Despite corrupt or foolish politicians, the $4.15 gasoline, the rise in grocery prices and too many young people spent in a war that has hurt our hearts and souls, we still live in the best country in the world. We can vote out the politicians, waste less gas, eat less and exercise more. We can dig out the corruption and greed that costs us pride, even more than money. We can find a way to bring our soldiers home with honor and dignity. We can take care of those who have been broken in service to us and be strong for those left behind by the ones who paid the highest price. They need us and we can do that.

We can't expect everyone to love our country, but we can love what is good about our country: our people and the freedoms that we cannot and will not lose to enemies who offer nothing in return. I hope you had a marvelous 4th of July, and that you spared a thought or two about all that it means beyond all the noise and bustle of the holiday. Sandy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheepco(MN z4)

Thank you Sandy!

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 7:54AM
youreit

Wow, Sandy, you really have a way with words, girl! Beautifully said!

All that is good about our country was foremost in my mind yesterday. Then I turned on the radio and heard Ray Charles belting out the most incredible (in my opinion) rendition of "America the Beautiful," and my heart swelled enough to make my eyes leak. Amen, Mr. Charles.

Brenda

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 10:14AM
semper_fi(Z7 GA)

Oooorah Cindy.

FWIW, our enemies DO indeed offer plenty in return; Just nothing commendable. Thus one of the reasons for this relentless war on terror.

Hope everyone had an outstanding and safe Julius IV, MMVIII.

-Mario

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 11:37PM
bonz(WI)

I didn't get a chance to post this on Independance Day but it really doesn't matter what day you watch it. My thoughts are always with our soldiers and their families, and my prayers for those who didn't come home.

Here is a link that might be useful: God bless our soldiers

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 7:05PM
youreit

I sometimes complain that things take too long to download using dial-up. This was definitely worth the wait.

Thank you, Bonz. That was SO beautiful! *sniffle*

Brenda

Bookmark   July 10, 2008 at 10:01AM
More Discussions
Newbie with a few questions for a container water garden
I have a 15inch wide container in which I want to plant...
bluehaven_gweb
Skippy Installation - Lots of Pictures
I spent last weekend redoing the pools at the top of...
pcan
Sticky Monkey Flower Plant
I am trying to find more info on Sticky Monkey flower...
Houndhome
Question about pond vacs
I have a 300 gallon stock tank, sunk in the ground...
catherinet
I'm a bad steward of my pond. :(
I only have a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank sunk...
catherinet
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™