Indoor plants for fall and winter

taiwwaJuly 31, 2013

Hi,

So I'm getting into gardening some. Right now, my most interesting plant is this large pumpkin plant which is like 10 feet long and has wildly exceeded my expectations.

Anyways, so winter is going to be here in a few months and I"ve been thinking about what to plant during winter, indoors. i've never had much luck with indoor plants like they sell at big box store garden centers, since they tend to be kind of fragile. At the same time, when I"ve kept pumpkin plants indoors, they just stay a relatively small size.

Tomato plants seem to grow well indoors. But I'm mainly looking for oxygenating plants, for indoors.

So, suggestions? how do you know a plant is good for oxygenating indoor areas? Simple leaf size?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

Hi,
Welcome to the GP.
Below is a link to a list of air filtering plants.
I Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Air filtering plants

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 5:56PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

I'll encourage you to visit the Houseplant Forum where you will find that most of us don't think of indoor plants as fragile! You'll find plenty of help over there by posting this same question.

Here is a link that might be useful: Let's go to the Houseplant Forum...click here

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 11:59AM
brittiem

Hey there! My hubs does indoor plants all winter, too. It's really nice, I love seeing the greenery since we get LOTS of snow for a lot of the year. :) You will definitely find there are a lot of plants which do very well indoors.

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 19 - 15
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 12 - 15
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what...
don_socal
For poetry fans
I investigate A.Word.A.Day, on wordsmith.org, every...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Remembering
I just talked to a relative and wished her a happy...
anneliese32
Quotes 3 - 20 - 15
Do you realize that if you fall into a black hole,...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™