Darn it, we missed it.

gandle(4 NE)July 22, 2011

The manure fest in Norfolk NE the last 2 days. It was on the noon news today. Guess they had a large attendance and a banquet was served at the close of the business days. Believe I'm happy we missed it although a banquet at a manure fest sounds---well unappetizing. Was going to substitute another word but changed my mind.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilod(NoCal/8)

Any excuse to have a festival, I suppose.. Manure is rather respectable though, it does an honorable job. Now that there are no horses on the property, I miss it, the small flock of chickens doesn't contribute much and the goats drop their wherever they go, so it can't be gathered.
What a subject!

Bookmark   July 22, 2011 at 5:10PM
west_gardener

I guess the people in Norfolk NE wanted to promote their product. Nothing wrong with that.

Bookmark   July 22, 2011 at 8:02PM
calliope(6)

Lilo.......if I could figure a cheap way to ship it, I'd gladly share my chickeypoo with you. My cup runneth over.

We have our.....uhm.....unusual festivals too. One right off the top of my head is the Moonshine Festival. We hillbillies and our hootch. LOL. I also remember my father talking about the coal mine fire of 1884. It's still burning after all these years.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moonshine festival

Bookmark   July 22, 2011 at 8:10PM
More Discussions
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
Happy Birthday, Don!
Have a great Day, a wonderful year. Wishing you improved...
lilosophie
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™