Spain wins!

PidgeJuly 11, 2010

I'm hardly a big soccer/football fan, butI've been rooting for Spain all the way in the FIFA tournament. Today the Netherlands were playing really creepy cheap ball and so I am thrilled that Spain got the single score in overtime that they needed to win.

Also nice is that DD's good friend was running a pool and ended up with Spain (he always picks last and gets what's left--pretty lucky this time). They are dancing on the

Ramblas in Barcelone tonight.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

Congrats to Spain.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 8:05PM
Pidge

Michael will know a whole lot more about this game than I do, but I thought the Netherlands played mean--that chest kick should have gotten a red card automatically IMO--and all those yellow cards and finally a red in overtime clinched it for me. I am grateful for refs who work hard to keep things calm and controlled in such a significant game, but that chest kick, wow!

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 6:47AM
endorphinjunkie(z7bAlabama)

I didn't see the game. Had more important things to do, such as making a road trip to Gulf Shores to see the free Jimmy Buffett concert.

I have seen the highlights, though, and don't know what to think of the Dutch play. It' was uncharacteristic of them. They had been the happy-go-lucky team in the tournament. Pressure of the being in the final, I guess.

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 19 - 15
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there...
don_socal
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 3 - 3 - 15
Late afternoon on the West Coast ends with the sky...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™