Unwanted Music!!!

mawheelJuly 8, 2013

Is anyone else getting weird music when they click on a post on the GP? It started on Sat., and won't go away! Maybe for 30 seconds, when I switch to a different post, but it always comes back. I can't find anything to account for it--or way to make it stop, but I sure don't like it!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

No music here but have no idea why you would get it.

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 6:43PM
west_gardener

I always surf the web with my sound muted so I don't hear anything unless I want to listen to something.(like Don's music links).
I enabled my music and clicked on several GP posts, but I did not hear any music.
Could you post a post where you hear music?

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 7:08PM
west_gardener

Mute your sound before clicking on the page below, because it has auto music. Enable your sound if you want to hear the music.
I wrote the auto music code on purpose, (before I knew any better).
Perhaps GW needs to look at their code.

Here is a link that might be useful: Auto music

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 7:42PM
mawheel

Anneliese and west gardener, thanks for responding. Right now, I think I'm crazy or imagining things, b/c I'm not hearing any music! Earlier, it happened even when I went to Hot Topics. (And believe me, there are enough odd things there without my hearing music, too! ) :>)

West gardener, you may have given a clue by your link. When I went to it, a message appeared saying I needed to add something with/from QuickTime. I remembered I had done something like that a few days ago--then, the music started. I'll definitely see if the music and QuickTime are connected.

To be honest, I may feel too foolish to tell you, if it starts, again. Then--I may not! I keep saying that one of the benefits of getting REALLY older is that I've lost my inhibition of being a "meek little mouse"! LOL

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 8:26PM
mawheel

Guess what? On the Kitchen Table, there's a thread with several posts about hearing music. A few thought it was some kind of ad, but others said no, it was connected with a virus--that's not the right word, but it's in that area!

Anyway, I'm glad to know I'm not completely crazy!!

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 8:48PM
west_gardener

Glad I could help in some way.
I'm having a battle with" Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player".
Lol, if you find out any info, please post it here.

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™