Summer movies

PidgeJuly 17, 2010

Having a granddaughter visiting for two weeks means I saw Toy Story 3 and Despicable Me. TS3 was the best of that series! And DM was good if not on that level.

Today, dealing with an adult daughter, saw Inception. I had read some of the reviews and some of them were not awed by the film. So I entered the theater with middling expectations. I love Leo DiCaprio and expected him to be good whatever else happened in the film. And I had read that the less you know about this film before seeing is to your advantage.

Whoa! I loved this film! Plot? It's all dreams, and what dream has a plot? It's about dreams that bleed into other dreams and then blend into other people's dreams and they mixed together. One moves from city streets to snow-covered mountains to snug interiors to city lofts furnished with deck chairs--you know, like in a dream where nothing is logical--and yet there really is a narrative that ties all this into a scheme. No spoilers, but one does leave the film asking if what one wants and what one dreams have anything to do with each other.

I don't know if anyone will think this a "great" film, but I do like the philosophical, psychological, sociological, and relationship questions. And it's also about love.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

Glad to see that you liked TS3 because DS#1 recommended that movie to us.
I have to check out "Inception." It sounds like my kind of movie but I don't know about DH.
We don't go to movie theaters any longer, we buy or rent movies.
Then there is the compatibility question with our hardware/software and the new movies. I'll have to figure that one out.

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 8:30PM
Janis_G(z7GA)

Pidge, it is so good to see you back at the movies.

Bookmark   July 18, 2010 at 5:34PM
Pidge

Two things, Janis: I've been away from GP and I have not seen as many films because DD2 was moving and that swallowed a lot of time.
I do love films as much as I love novels!

Bookmark   July 18, 2010 at 6:48PM
More Discussions
The advantage of snow.
My forthysia hedges have a low border of blooms, about...
anneliese32
When is Spring?
A count down to spring.http://days.to/spring/2015
west_gardener2
Happy St. Patrick's Day
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! II'm not wearing green and...
mawheel
Quotes 3 - 17 - 15
Green is the prime color of the world, and that from...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 22 - 15
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
At Home Designs Ambassador Recliner
$798.99 | LuxeDecor
BlissLights Outdoor Lighting. 16 in. Blue Laser Landscape Projector/Firefly Land
Home Depot
BlissLights Outdoor Lighting. 16 in. Green Laser Landscape Projector/Firefly Lan
Home Depot
Trio Pint Ice Off-White Bucket
$69.50 | FRONTGATE
Liberty Furniture Summer House Media Chest in Oyster White Finish
Beyond Stores
Raindrops Linear Pendant by Varaluz
$959.00 | Lumens
Porch Oiled Bronze Ceiling Fan with 52-Inch Outdoor Standard Brown Blades
$167.40 | Bellacor
Westport Outdoor Throw Pillow, Patio Furniture
$80.00 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for: