Ginger kitty and the cicada hatching

sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)July 20, 2008

The cicadas finally showed up here and Ginger is proving to be an excellent hunter. I have been finding them all over the house. I finally caught her as she was sitting in the hallway telling it to get up and move. Of course as soon as it moves, she pounces and tosses it into the air. This time she tossed it on me. It really did not want to let go of my slacks and Ginger thought it was a great game to tackle my leg. Getting out of the house was interesting with both a stuck on cicada and a pouncing cat. Sandy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annedickinson

Sandy,

That would have made a great video for America's Funniest Home Videos!!

Anne

Bookmark   July 20, 2008 at 5:39PM
youreit

Good Ginger girl! She would make a good hunting dog. :D

I agree, that would make a GREAT video....you dragging your leg behind you, with cicada and kitty attachments. LOL!!!

Brenda

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 8:33AM
koijoyii(NE Ohio)

Who are you trying to kid. Ginger Kitty and the cicada are in "cahoots". She wasn't telling it to get up and move. She was telling it "Want to have some fun? As soon as I toss you in the air land on her slacks and cling like velcro". I hear cicadas laughing all the time in the trees around my house. They were just waiting for you to run out the door.

Jenny

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 8:54AM
sheepco(MN z4)

LOL at all of you! Thanks for my daily chuckle!

Bookmark   July 24, 2008 at 10:44PM
youreit

I forgot to add that maybe some screaming would help "humor up" the video, Sandy. Clutching at door jams, people, chairs, anything and everything. Fear in the eyes while screaming is always good for a laugh, as well.

For some reason, you don't seem like a screamer to me, though. LOL

Brandy

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 9:20AM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

Talk about screamers! Most of the cicadas have been found after enought chirps but Ginger brought one in today that was so loud in it's protest that even Ginger was alarmed. So much so that it was approached with great caution and was touched only with the gentlest of paws, following which, Ginger hid behind the trash container. My word! As soon as Ginger was repulsed, the cicada shut up except for a normal volume chirp of satisfaction. If Ginger approached again there was a warning burr but the real alarm bell only started if there was contact. After I put it outside, Ginger wrapped herself around my ankles and asked for a comforting head rub. Now she only brings in the quiet ones. LOL! Sandy

Bookmark   August 1, 2008 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
Growing store bought lotus?
I found lotus roots in the grocery store tonight. Maybe...
fireweed22
Snake is eating my frog--Help!!
I looked out my second floor window and saw some movement...
sara_in_philly
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
Black Magic Elephant ear plant
for the first time I have two balck magic elephant...
sandyl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™