She lost it,

gandle(4 NE)July 29, 2014

Not even wearing thr alien gogglrs.

Was watching the loval news on ABC station and the woman giving the news had an itrm avout thr stock,em. They had a meeting and I guess seminar about a product that cattke generate. Manure. The local anchor woman said, cattke emen gathered today in Lexington NE to discuss manure and discuss uses for this product. The newswoman started to chuckle bedore she even finished the sentence and by the ti,e she finished she was roaring with laughter .. She said as they cut azway for a cimmercial, God, I love this job.If you can read the abobe I'll be amazed. I sure can;t read it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_socal

Is her name Colleen Williams? I tried to look up that story on video but couldn't find it.

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 1:21AM
rob333

I couldn't find a video of it, but I assume this is the story.

Here is a link that might be useful: story

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 8:08AM
west_gardener

lol, gandle, Funny story. I started laughing while reading it.
Thanks for posting.

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 9:10AM
rob333

I did misread your post, and now that I have reread it, yes, I can read the above! It was funny. My other post was to get the article so others could "read" it. Oh. My mistake. I did get it ALL. You did fine without the goggles. It was just too early for me.

:)

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 9:57AM
gmatx_gw zone 6

I read your post just fine, George. It's hard to imagine what the farmers must have been thinking if someone was standing there trying to tell them about manure as fertilizer...WOW! I would have probably been laughing uncontrollably, too. Now I can understand their being enthralled with seeing a "new and improved" piece of equipment.

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 12:31PM
mawheel

George, that was a great story; thanks for posting it, and we all managed to figure out what you wrote. I've read before that if the first and last letters in a word are correct, most folks just automatically know what is meant. Believe me, any post from you is worth deciphering!

((((Hugs to you and Leone))))

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 6:10PM
anneliese_32(6)

I lost it reading. Us, who go back to natural fertilizers before all the chemicals can have a fun time with the news. I translated your e-mail and forwarded it to my farmer relatives in Germany.

Going back to my agricultural college days - maintaining a good manur heap is a science in itself.

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 6:22PM
west_gardener

I read a report that the "new" way was to apply manuer was in a liquid form, using huge machinery.
Now they are getting smart, using available material.
I've been making compost and manuer "tea" for a long time.

Bookmark   July 30, 2014 at 6:40PM
Janis_G(z7GA)

George not to worry.
We can read your posts.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 6:56PM
mjmercer

Yep, I read it just fine, too. :o)

Not trying to hijack the post or anything but...a TV anchor getting the giggles ain't nothing compared to what another anchor did during her live newscast.

Nine months pregnant, she worked literally until she went into labor on the air. They took a commercial break and, when they came back for the next segment of the news, she wasn't there. Found out later that was the night she gave birth to her first child. :o)

Karen

Bookmark   August 2, 2014 at 6:17PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 18 - 15
Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Photos from my recent cruise.
Coral World in St. Thomas. My first time there was...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™