Prayers for Owen

annedickinsonAugust 15, 2010

Everyone, please keep a little 10 year old boy named Owen in your prayers. He was bitten by the family dog Monday morning. It took out the corner of his lips and his whole left cheek - as in gone, just a hole there. He has had a number of surgeries this week and will have to have quite a few more. His mother, Janet, works with me and says he is the strongest of all of the family.

As a warning.... the dog had been Owen's friend and playmate for its 5 years. Sunday morning Owen and the dog were on the porch. The dog tried to leave the porch and Owen yelled, NO. The dog attacked. Turns out that the dog hadn't been neutered. There was a female dog in heat down the street and he was trying to get to her. Blood tests showed that the dog had abnormally high levels of testosterone and that was what prompted the attack when Owen told him no. Needless-to-say the dog was euthanized.

Anyway... Please say prayers for Owen. He has a long road of healing ahead of him .

Anne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

How terrible for everyone. My thoughts will certainly be for Owen and his family. They do have a long road to travel.

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 2:05PM
youreit

Prayers from us for that poor little guy and his family, Anne - not only for physical healing, but emotional, as well.

Brenda

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 6:18PM
sheepco(MN z4)

My prayers too.

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 10:12PM
annedickinson

Update on Owen:

He is continuing to have surgeries. School starts in a week and that may be a problem.

Please keep his mother, Janet, Queen of Denial, in your prayers. She keeps saying everything is okay, Owen is fine and she is fine; but then says that he won't go out of the house because he looks funny, she can't look at his face unless there is a big bandage there to cover it, etc.

I have to admit I want to pick her up and shake her!!!!

Poor kid. It has to be so hard for him. The plus is that he is healing, the Dr is pleased with the progress and, though Owen is facing a year of surgeries and skin graft type stuff, the Dr predicts his face will look normal.

Anne

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 5:58PM
More Discussions
Black Magic Elephant ear plant
for the first time I have two balck magic elephant...
sandyl
Dressing and coping a formal pond
Is there any general advice for how to dress the interior...
ysrgrathe PA 6b
How To Get Rid of Pond Vegetation
I had a small pond deepened and it is great except...
alameda/zone 8
Snake is eating my frog--Help!!
I looked out my second floor window and saw some movement...
sara_in_philly
New UV ordered
This is my first time that I will use a UV lamp for...
hwarrick
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™