Quotes 8 - 11 - 14

don_socalAugust 11, 2014

In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.
Mark Twain

One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can't be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.
Maya Angelou

To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.
Confucius

Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine.
Ludwig van Beethoven

When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others.
Dalai Lama

Those who have virtue always in their mouths, and neglect it in practice, are like a harp, which emits a sound pleasing to others, while itself is insensible of the music.
Diogenes

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
Richard Bach

Practice puts brains in your muscles.
Sam Snead

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

Oh, I am practicing how to sit on pins and needles, setting priorities and refrain from jumping to conclusions, getting better at that.
Thank you for the quotes.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 9:22AM
anneliese_32(6)

Having volunteered in schools several years, I have to agree with Mark Twain. Wonder what he would make of today's schoolbards.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 12:45PM
west_gardener

I practice and practice all the good stuff mentioned in the quotes, but being human, I'll never be perfect and that is ok with me.
Good thoughts and quotes,Don.

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 6:07PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 3 - 15
Late afternoon on the West Coast ends with the sky...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™