a big shout out to all texans!!!!

koijoyii(NE Ohio)September 15, 2008

Fellow Texas pond forum buddies:

I was remembering you all in my prayers this morning as I was driving around fallen trees on my way into work this morning. I can't imagine meeting Ike in person. Please check in as soon as you can and let us know you are OK. Here are a few I managed to find on the forum (when my computer wasn't freezing up).

julieb

ann_in_houston

mommasue

fool4flowers

backyardmama

Jenny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheepco(MN z4)

Only got 1.5 inches of rain here in MN due from the system, but to you and all your families too - hope you're all safe!

Bookmark   September 15, 2008 at 8:46PM
jeanner(SW Ohio - Z6)

Jenny, I know what you mean - we got the remnants of Ike yesterday and most of the city (over 250,000 buildings without power in Dayton and 600,000 in Cinn without power) but at least my home is intact!

Bookmark   September 15, 2008 at 9:49PM
fool4flowers(8)

THanks for asking. It would have hit us dead on changed into an oblong shape instead of round and we barely even had any much needed rain. Did get the high winds though and had to bring all my plants back inside the garage to keep them from blowing away but it made it nice and cool and was able to put in my backyard pond and the front yard larger pond so now looking for some more ponds plants. Gotta go find that thread about flowering plants you wouldn't think to put in a pond. We don't have anything around here to choose from other than the most basic common stuff. I have horsetail rush, water hyacinth, and a tarro and a few other things. I bet I have other things in the yard I could use in it. Just have to find out what, lol..

Bookmark   September 25, 2008 at 12:50AM
More Discussions
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
A deck window to my pond
Covered a portion of my pond with a deck so I decided...
thepondfather
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
Tree stump for decoration???
Hello all, I need information about my new 2,800 gallon...
izolah76
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™