Quote, 08/13/10

anneliese_32(6)August 13, 2010

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

Charles Dudley Warner

The weather is like the government, always in the wrong.

Jerome K. Jerome

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

Since a lot of you have had such "hot" weather, I'm reluctant to post this ,but we've had a glorious cool summer so far. A steady 60 degrees low and about 71-73 high for a couple of months now. We talk about our weather, but I have not heard of anyone that want's to change it. However, the forecast says that it is "heating" up in the next few days, so I may use a blue word now and then.

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 7:59PM
coconut_nj

West... plbbbbbbbtttttt... lol.. Just kidding. Am glad someone has been able to enjoy this summer. We've been so hot my dogs nails are going to need cutting. He usually just wears them down racing across the driveway as he races from backyard to front yard to side yard and back again.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 12:12AM
mawheel

West Gardener, I'm truly glad that some place in the U.S. has had good weather, this summer. If yours has been as you described it for a couple of months, you've really been blessed! When you say the forecast calls for "heating" up in the next few days, how high are you talkin'? And does the humidity or dew point stay low? Those two things add much to our discomfort, unfortunately. Last winter I said I wouldn't complain about the heat this year, but I've sure made a prevaricator of myself!

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 1:33PM
west_gardener

The forecaster said we could go up to 83 degrees next week. That is hot for this area. The humidity can reach 90 in the early morning while there is a fog bank, but it burns off early am and it goes down to about 64. I don't know about the dew point.

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 7:45PM
west_gardener

I live 45 miles south of SF
See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: cool weather

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 8:47AM
mawheel

west gardener, I'm really going to expose my inability to explain, even understand *scientific* stuff, but if you type "difference between dew point and humidity" into your search box, it'll take you to several sites where it's explained!

All I know is our local weather guru keeps saying when the dew point gets above 60%, it's VERY uncomfortable. Evidently, the closer the dew point gets to the actual air temperature, the worse it feels -- or something like that!

When I read the article in your link, I was fascinated by the fact that some restaurants put space heaters in their outdoor eating areas to keep diners warm.

Thanks for your response.

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 1:48PM
More Discussions
Weather, it's still winter
and we are having a heat wave , temps from 70-80 degrees;...
west_gardener2
Quotes 3 - 24 - 15
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 29 - 15
Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness....
don_socal
When is Spring?
A count down to spring.http://days.to/spring/2015
west_gardener2
Quotes 3 - 23 - 15
Every major player is working on this technology of...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Traveler's Philosophy Art Print
$34.99 | Dot & Bo
Half13 | Cube End Table
YLiving.com
Odalis Mirror by Uttermost
$433.40 | Lumens
'Laundry Room Same Day Service' Vinyl Wall Art Quote
Overstock.com
Hanging Path Lamp by Coe Studios
$590.00 | Lumens