Here's Jensen.........................................

koijoyii(NE Ohio)September 20, 2009

We went to Petsmart to see Saffron but she wasn't there. We ended up going to the Westlake Police Department who usually has cats and kittens free to a good home, but they didn't have any. The Lakewood Animal Shelter had kittens, but they weren't ready for adoption yet. We ended up at Petco where my son and I fell in love with Jensen. She is 16 1/2 weeks old and is adorable. She is from the Berea Rescue Shelter. She is living in the bathroom till she gets used to the house and the other kitties. We will probably let her out after she gets her vet check tomorrow night providing she tests negative for all bad kitty illnesses and worms. She got a clean bill of health from the Berea Animal shelter but it's better to be safe than sorry.

I have included two pics of Sweety Peach who is just settling down. She seems to like my son better than me. You know how you don't pick a cat, a cat picks you.

We are definitely changing both of their names, but are at a loss. If anyone can offer some suggestions it will be appreciated. I thought about Mango or Cheeto for Sweety Peach because she is orange, but neither one fits.

Jenny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryo_nh(z5 SouthernNH)

Ruby?
And the new one - Cleopatra?

;) Mary

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 6:13PM
koijoyii(NE Ohio)

Thanks Mary:

I love the name Ruby. I think it's the first time we had cats for a few days and can't think of names for them. I have a feeling Ruby is Sweety Peach's new name. It fits her so well.

My son is thinking about Cleopatra, but he likes weird names. He was the one that named Boa. You know how guys are.

Jenny

Bookmark   September 20, 2009 at 9:13PM
maryo_nh(z5 SouthernNH)

:)! I used to know a cat called Walltowall. Because she used to lay on the floor all spread out. I'm always jealous of people that can think of really funny unusual names!

Your new kitty's eyes are so big she made me think of the Egyptian queen. But maybe your son likes Hieroglyph better? Then you can call her Hiero or Glyph for short... *giggle* And then there's Ra. The sun god. How appropriate for a cat!

:) Mary

Bookmark   September 21, 2009 at 9:34AM
annedickinson

I like the idea of Ruby for the Ginger cat. Of course Ginger is also a good name.

If you want an Egyptian name, feel free to use Pashta. Pasht is the Egyptian Moon Goddess associated with cats. My cat's name was Pashta. She has since crossed the rainbow bridge, but she lives on in my screen name.
Anne

Bookmark   September 21, 2009 at 7:14PM
chickadeedeedee(z 6-7 ish Ohio)

OooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo! Such beautiful kitties! Lucky you! Lucky them!!! :-)

The names suggested are *awesome*! :-)

It does take time to have the perfect name. Hmmmmmmmm .....

Peaches, Pumpkin, Cleo, Twinkie, Ruby, Ginny, Buffy, Precious ..........

Whatever the names .... they are soooooo blessed to have a home with you! :-)

Bookmark   September 23, 2009 at 3:02PM
koijoyii(NE Ohio)

Thank you Mary, Pashta and C3D. We have decided on names. Sweety Peach is now officially named Ruby, and Jenson is now officialy named Checotah.

Checotah tested positive for roundworm and has been treated for it, but she is still isolated from the other kitties until she tests negative. She may be locked in the bathroom for another two weeks. She is a sweetheart, a very loving kitten. She is older than the Berea Rescue thought. She has three fang teeth (her baby and her adult) so the vet estimates her age at 5 months. That is even better for us. My son forgot how hyper kittens can be. She wore him out the other night.

Jenny

Bookmark   September 23, 2009 at 7:13PM
goodkarma_(5b)

Jenny you have the most beautiful kitties. I love the name Ruby and Checotah. Keep us updated on these lovelies. :)

Lisa

Bookmark   September 29, 2009 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
I'm a bad steward of my pond. :(
I only have a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank sunk...
catherinet
Snake is eating my frog--Help!!
I looked out my second floor window and saw some movement...
Sara_in_philly
UV pond light set up
I need assistance because I'm unsure. My pump is 6000...
Marcus1017
Need help with my submersible pump.
My Shinmaywa submersible pump is pumping less volume....
judgebes
Pond Heat
What is the best method of heating water to 70 degrees...
wellingtoncdm
Sponsored Products
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Nourison Rug Boutique Rugs Shadow Leaves Green 2 ft. 3
Home Depot
AndTradition | Bellevue AJ3 Table Light
$830.00 | YLighting
3Form Polished Chrome LED 12-Inch Round Clips Wall Sconce with Ribbon Twirl Ecor
$558.95 | Bellacor
Ronda Drum Pendant by Grupo B.lux
$1,050.26 | Lumens
Steel Here Glass Dining Table
$249.99 | Dot & Bo
Modern Bean Bag Couple's Retreat Bean Bag Chair
Beyond Stores
Alphasoup Grayscale Giclee Paley Black Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Boyd Pure Posture 10 in. Memory Foam Mattress - MEFPURP590TW
$339.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for: