Poor little thrush

catherinet(5 IN)September 17, 2008

I'm so bummed. I've been enjoying watching the grey-cheeked thrushes eating the seeds on my Star Magnolia tree/bush outside my bedroom. They come back every year to eat the orange seeds.

I found a splat on my window and looked down, and there was a dead grey-cheeked thrush. He was beautiful.

I felt so bad. :(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeanner(SW Ohio - Z6)

Aw Catherine, I'm sorry he died and you had to witness it. It is so hard to find a dead bird, I feel so responsible for all my birdie visitors. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Rest in peace little thrush.

Bookmark   September 17, 2008 at 9:39PM
comettose(7)

Put some stickers on the window or feathers. It is sad to hear that thunk. I strung up loose feathers tied on to fishing line. They flutter in the wind and birds are supposedly adverse to loose feathers because loose feathers means predators. There are small suction cups on each end of the fishing line to stick on the window from the outside.

Bookmark   September 19, 2008 at 10:45PM
catherinet(5 IN)

Thanks jean and comettose.........the feathers are a good idea. I have some of those little stained glass charm things on the window, but it must not have been enough. One year it was so bad, I just kept my drapes closed, which seemed to help.
Right now, outside my bathroom window, I have a huge spider in a beautiful web that I'm watching. Its so totally amazing how perfect they can make their webs.

Bookmark   September 20, 2008 at 5:56PM
More Discussions
New container water garden/fish pond
Hi everyone! We have wanted to create a water garden/fish...
Houndmom
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
Herron attack
Just want to vent. The day before Christmas I went...
Mike56
Snake is eating my frog--Help!!
I looked out my second floor window and saw some movement...
sara_in_philly
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™