Quote, 08/09/10

anneliese_32(6)August 9, 2010

Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?

Kelvin Troop III

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilod(NoCal/8)

Yes, it is!

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 9:47AM
endorphinjunkie(z7bAlabama)

Good one!

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 9:47AM
west_gardener

I'll go with the weather forecasters for now. They have computer models that they use to forecast the weather. A case in point, is when a local forecaster showed a weather map projection at 6AM, about a huge black cloud showing up over my city at 12 noon. The sky was clear as a bell until 12 noon and then this huge black lumbering cloud came over our city.
In the morning I see the cloud on tv and at noon I see it over my house.

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 8:41PM
mawheel

west gardner, your weather forecasters must have better computers than ours! More often than not--at least it seems that way--what they've forecast doesn't materialize, not in the form of raindrops, anyway. :>(

Bookmark   August 11, 2010 at 3:07PM
west_gardener

It's probably more than the computer in play. It can depend on what other resources a forecaster has available. Weather satellite access feed, radar feed, computer models, at least that's what the forecasters mention during the tv segments. I imagine that the education and training of the forecaster to use the information comes into play.
Your statement about the rain drops hits a chord, because one of the forecasters said some of the of the clouds goes under the radar and he asks his audience to twitter or email him when they see some "drops". It's not perfect, but it works for me.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 8:45PM
More Discussions
Butterfly Conservatory in Key West
Lots of photo opportunities at this place. I don't...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 2 - 15
I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™