I'm home!

scottspondSeptember 6, 2007

Well, we got home night before last around 9:15pm EST. We were both tired from the trip and pretty much just skimmed through the internet. I did visit the forum but didn't feel like typing.

Our journey up wasn't very fun. It rained half the time. Well, actually, it poured down to the point that you could barely see the car in fron of you. When we got to Atlanta, there was a point where my wife and I were yelling at each other. Partly because I was driving and couldn't see very well. She was trying to tell me where to turn. We finally made it to I-20 and apologized to each other.

Sunday wasn't much better. We went to church at my dad's church and the sun was shining when we got out. We went back to my sister's house where we had pot roast, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, gravy, white beans, and corn bread. That night, we went to Pizza Hut for supper. Oh, Saturday night, we were taken out to a local Italian restraunt by my parents. As if that wasn't enough eating, Monday came and there was a big barbeque at my parents house. The whole family was there.

We had a good time even if we didn't get to go to the botanical gardens because of the weather.

Scott

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
youreit

Forget botanical when you can eat like (really hungry) kings and queens! LOL Sorry the weather conspired, Scott. I've been there (yelling during inclement weather...while driving....in a not too familiar place...). Glad you made it home safe and sound, though!

Brenda

Bookmark   September 7, 2007 at 10:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
semper_fi(Z7 GA)

Rain? Here in Georgia????????????? Are you sure it wasn't a mirage?!?!

I think we had a grand total to 1.5" of rain for the entire month of August and first week in September here in NW burbs of ATL.

Scott, of course you do realize that you are in BIG trouble for coming up all the way this way and not even thinking about dropping by to say hey! :-)

Bookmark   September 17, 2007 at 10:46PM
More Discussions
Rubbermaid vs Galvanized stock tank pond
I'd like to upgrade from my little whiskey barrel ponds...
lola6964
Need help finding a leak in liner pond.
I have a 30-50 gallon a day leak. The leak has been...
larryl
Think of setting up a double waterfall feature. 2 pumps? Or one?
So I just received my new waterfall kit in the mail....
cadieuxjoshua
Question about pond vacs
I have a 300 gallon stock tank, sunk in the ground...
catherinet
Pond Heat
What is the best method of heating water to 70 degrees...
wellingtoncdm
Sponsored Products
Cable Knit Throw
| Dot & Bo
Amalfi Imperial Area Rug
Overstock.com
Sea Life Coral Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor
Theo Distressed Gold Urn Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Alliyah Hand Loomed Almond New Zealand Wool Rug (5' x 8')
Overstock.com
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Nourison Rugs Contour Breeze 5 ft. x 7 ft. 6
Home Depot
Area Rug: Fruit Basket Black/Ivory 8' x 10' 6"
Home Depot
Florence Knoll Style Sofa-Red - 100% Italian Leather
IFN Modern
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™