Lots more pics of the invites!

tisha_(z7 OKC)August 19, 2010

I am going to start mailing them today, so I took some pictures last night.

I wish the photos gave a better idea of the color. The paper goods, except the maps, are all printed on a really pretty lilac color, that's metallic, so it shimmers.

Here's everything.

Here's the front and back of the envelopes. I made the wrap around labels and the return address labels.

This is the actual invite. I had a postcard that had that lovely little paisley flower corner pattern on it, so I scanned it and recolored it in Publisher, and used it on everything. I just love it. I think it's classy, but also is also a little bit whimsical, maybe?

We're not having children at the wedding, because of the location and the time of the ceremony and reception. So, I wanted to get that across without having to put it directly onto any of the info. So, my solution was to print the names of the people invited directly onto the RSVPs and to put the number of seats reserved for them. I am sure I'll still have to make some uncomfortable phone calls after we get the RSVPs back, but I figured this might help a little bit. Plus, I think it looks pretty. :-)

This is the worst picture in the bunch. I guess the flash didn't work for this one or something. Anyway, this is the photo sharing card. Since almost everyone has a digital camera or a camera phone these days, the "new" thing is to include these little info cards for people to share the pictures they take. I hope it works! I think it's a great idea!

And this is the little map that I made. I think it gets the point across. At least, I hope it does.

And that's it. I need to find out what they weigh now, and go stick a few in the mail.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

Tisha, you used the correct word; "classy" describes your invitation packet very well.

I confess I didn't know what a "wrap around" label was, till I saw the picture. Were they hard to put on? Getting them evenly spaced from the bottom? It would have been time-consuming to measure each one, but for such an important occasion, worth it.

Thanks for sharing; I am vicariously enjoying all your preparations without having to do any of the work! :>)

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 6:23PM
west_gardener

Everything looks good to me. Soooooooo, when are you going to hit the commitment button?

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 8:58PM
anneliese_32(6)

All looks great and I wished I had your patience.

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 8:02AM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Very, very nice! I love the way you handled the age-old problem of an invited COUPLE bringing along all of their children, in-laws, and neighbors. Very classy.

Bookmark   August 20, 2010 at 4:20PM
tisha_(z7 OKC)

Thanks everyone! People started getting them in the mail on Saturday. I hope to start getting RSVPs back this week! I'm excited.

mwheel, they weren't too hard to do. I cut them with a paper cutter, and really just eye-balled where to put them. I didn't measure or anything. I wouldn't have had the patience for that. lol

west gardener, what does "hit the commitment button" mean?

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 10:03AM
west_gardener

"And that's it. I need to find out what they weigh now, and go stick a few in the mail."

"hit the commitment button" Lol, I just meant, send the invites out, enjoy your wedding and move on to your marriage.

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 9:52PM
yourgardenshowstacie

Looks beautiful! Congratulations...and don't forget to enjoy every moment. Kind of like watching a garden grow actually!

Here is a link that might be useful: EcoWedding.org

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 1:23PM
cynamar

They are gorgeous! I love the graphic. Great job!

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 10:44PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 14 - 15
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they...
don_socal
Happy St. Patrick's Day
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! II'm not wearing green and...
mawheel
Quotes 3 - 23 - 15
Every major player is working on this technology of...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 21 - 15
What is a television apparatus to man, who has only...
don_socal
Rain!!!
Rain, gentle, steady rain - all night long and maybe...
lilosophie
Sponsored Products
Utzon JU1 Pendant - &Tradition, Ameico
$650.00 | HORNE
Sonoma Handcut Stemless Wine Glasses (Set of 4)
Overstock.com
Porcelina Small Cylinder Faux Porcelain Outdoor 1000 Lumen LED Wall Sconce with
$272.00 | Bellacor
Savine Outdoor Rug
$345.00 | FRONTGATE
Surfer Blue 32" Round Brezza Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Nina Flushmount by Robert Abbey
$102.30 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™