I've finished addressing the envelopes!

tisha_(z7 OKC)August 17, 2010

I've been working on the wedding invitations for the past week. Well, I've been working on them since October 2009, but I finally actually printed them and started putting the little info packets together last week.

Last night I finished addressing them. I still have 1 more insert to print and cut out, but then it'll just be a matter of getting them weighed, buying stamps, and handing them over to the USPS (scariest part!)

Anyway, I'm so proud of my wrap-around labels, that I just had to share.

Oh - also, the invite is sitting on the new cake plate for the wedding cake! My original one ended up being about 1/4 of an inch too small. My dad found this one in an antique/junk shop last week. YAY!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

I was so hoping there would be a picture, love, love, love the wrap around label. I'm so happy for you. This is so exciting! Go Dad! Are you nervous, excited, scared, all of it, yet?

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 11:35AM
calliope(6)

Was just thinking about your up-coming wedding yesterday. Getting down to the wire now. Classy looking, Tish.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 1:01PM
mwoods

Very classy looking..as is everything you have done so far.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 6:37PM
west_gardener

Very nice. You've done such a good job in planning this wedding.
As you said: "but then it'll just be a matter of getting them weighed, buying stamps, and handing them over to the USPS (scariest part!)"
Lol, that can sound scary, but I think you can handle it very well. Go for it with a smile.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 9:18PM
calliope(6)

Did you know (or maybe you have even mentioned it and I just forgot) you can order postal stamps with your own photographs on it?

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 11:23PM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

Tish, have your sweetie e-mail me. I've got lot's of dandy ideas concerning marriage to share with him. Steve S.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 7:23AM
tisha_(z7 OKC)

Thanks everyone!

It's a little bit against etiquette to use labels on wedding invites, but I just didn't feel up to being let loose with a silver sharpie on these envelopes. LOL I also printed our return address labels and used a cute little scalloped paper punch for those. As soon as I get everything totally finished tonight, I'll take pics and post of EVERYTHING.

WRT the stamps. I DID know you could order custom stamps. But, since I don't yet know how much these invites will weigh, I am not going that route. I HOPE they don't weigh over the max for the 44 cent stamps, because I REALLY want to be able to use these.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 10:41AM
anneliese_32(6)

I hope the weight is right, no wonder you would like the stamps.
You have done such a good job with all your wedding preparations. If I would have had to do all that, I never would have gotten married.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 11:37AM
tisha_(z7 OKC)

Well, I do think that the fact we've been together for almost 11 years help. The girls who are getting married, buying a house, etc all for the first time, are the ones who I can't imagine how they do it all.

My whole year has been ONLY wedding. That's helped.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 11:39AM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 2 - 15
I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™