'What To Say When You Talk To Yourself'? - Have You Read It???

ARUM(7)November 25, 2005

I'm reading this book, and I like it a lot. Have you read it? If so, may I have your thoughts? - on the book that is. :) arum

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeffahayes(8a Upstate SC)

Yes, Arum, I read it several years ago... great book... it really gets to the meat of the matter about the internal dialogue we all have with ourselves every day, almost every waking minute when we're not talking with someone else or actively mentally engaged in something else.

The simple act of learning to think "I'm a capable person and I can do what I set out to do, etc.," rather than "I'm such a loser and nothing ever goes right for me," and so forth, can have a powerful impact on how successful we are in our daily lives.

I probably need to go back and read it again, though, as I've fallen back into some of the old, bad habits.

Enjoy the book and try to apply what it says. I highly recommend it.
Jeff

Bookmark   November 25, 2005 at 2:33PM
ARUM(7)

Jeff, you seem to be the type of guy who dosen't need to read it. Witty, fun, and a positive thinker. You must of put the information to good use. :) Arum

Bookmark   November 25, 2005 at 3:07PM
jeffahayes(8a Upstate SC)

Well thanks very much, Arum... but then I read it several years ago, so perhaps some of what you say you see in my personality is due to the book's influence?

And I should say the same about you, except that even though you're witty, fun and a positive thinker, I still encourage you to finish the book, just out of general principle :)

Hey, maybe we should start our own Mutual Admiration Society :-P

Happy Reading!
Jeff

Bookmark   November 26, 2005 at 1:09AM
More Discussions
Snake is eating my frog--Help!!
I looked out my second floor window and saw some movement...
sara_in_philly
New UV ordered
This is my first time that I will use a UV lamp for...
hwarrick
Herron attack
Just want to vent. The day before Christmas I went...
Mike56
How To Get Rid of Pond Vegetation
I had a small pond deepened and it is great except...
alameda/zone 8
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™