When my son left for Iraq, he left us a gift...

ericandannjolees_pooNovember 30, 2005

My third grandbaby is due the end of May!

Now, where's Semper Fi to rename me again? Too bad I can't change my name on this forum twice, to include the new baby. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
norah_s(Z5 NH)

No prob. Just get son and DIL to name the new baby Poo!

;^)

Bookmark   November 30, 2005 at 5:50PM
maryo_nh(z5 SouthernNH)

Poo! Congratulations! Wonderful! Oh! Babies are the best. Babies are so wonderful (she said, thinking of her own new granddaughter). Being a grammy is so wonderful.
Did I mention how wonderful it is when you are the grandma of a new baby?

Poo, I wish for you to be able to go and hold him/her lots of times during the first few weeks!
*beaming*

:)Mary
*my new vocation is being a human baby crib*
*or baby swing*
*or baby blanket*

Bookmark   November 30, 2005 at 7:24PM
semper_fi(Z7 GA)

Poo, I believe BIG congrats are in order!

Does the new GW regime still have the same policy regarding name changes??? Even so, I'm guessing that the iVillage folks would be willing to bend the rules a little if you contacted them via email and explained your situation.

For our typing fingers' sake though, I hope ya'll name the new grand baby 'Al' or 'Bo'! It'll be heck typing EricandanjoleeandChritophers_Poo!!! Of course, the upside would be that if we ever have a forum get together, everybody would be able to spot you right away because of your chest wide name tag!!! :-)))

Bookmark   November 30, 2005 at 9:26PM
fairy_toadmother

congrats poo!

Bookmark   November 30, 2005 at 9:38PM
somethinsfishy(z5 NE)

Yea poo! And what a great month to have a baby!

Mary you crack me up!

Bookmark   November 30, 2005 at 10:15PM
youreit

Awwww, congratulations, Poo, et al! American soldiers are such giving people. :D

I'm with Mary! I would be happy being anything but a baby hamper for our little grand-darlin! Brings a whole new meaning to the name "Poo". LOL

Brenda

Bookmark   December 1, 2005 at 10:30AM
ericandannjolees_poo

Thanks so much for all the congrats.

Mary, I WILL be able to hold this one almost as much as my first, now that d-i-l & grandkids have moved closer to home. Even missing my son, I'm one happy Poo!!!

Mark, last I looked, it still said only one change. I never give thought to special priveledges, but it may be in order. Thanks for the idea. And don't worry about the long name, it will be simply, "Grandmapoo". :)

BTW, does everyone remember me telling you about Annjolee's arrival? Well, she just had her first birthday last week! Because they lived in Tenn, I missed out on a lot of her development, but not this one! Also, my son has arranged for leave for the baby's birth. :)

Bookmark   December 1, 2005 at 2:58PM
semper_fi(Z7 GA)

Grandma_Cubed,

How long is this latest tour of duty expected to last? I know the earlier stints lasted anywhere from 10-14 months but I was under the impression that they were now trying to shorten the length to 7-9 months.

-Mark

Bookmark   December 1, 2005 at 8:44PM
ericandannjolees_poo

Mark, a yr. as far as we know. Depends on stop losses, etc. Could be longer. He was due to get out in Feb '06, as it is. He's already xtended by 6 mos. You know how it goes. This time the home front is also fighting hard...to convince him NOT TO RE-ENLIST!!! He's in his 7th yr. He has spent almost 4 of those yrs. deployed.
I just sent an e-mail, asking for a name change, BEFORE I read your post. Grandma_Cubed is cute, dangit! Wonder if they'll think I'm crazy if I ask for another change? Thanks. :)

Bookmark   December 2, 2005 at 11:26AM
semper_fi(Z7 GA)

"Wonder if they'll think I'm crazy if I ask for another change?"

NAHHHHH! They already KNOW that about most of "them folks" in the Pond Forum! LOL!

Bookmark   December 2, 2005 at 7:32PM
grandmapoo(z8 S.Texas)

Who cares what they say, anyway. The pond forums have too much fun and they're just jealous!!! LOL

Bookmark   December 4, 2005 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
Waterlilies won't grow, leaves are small and curled
Hi all, I have waterlillies that until a year ago was...
reneek
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
Growing store bought lotus?
I found lotus roots in the grocery store tonight. Maybe...
fireweed22
Tree stump for decoration???
Hello all, I need information about my new 2,800 gallon...
izolah76
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™