Random thoughts as you work.....and a Chuckle

calliope(6)August 13, 2011

Do you find yourself letting your mind wander when in the midst of a routine chore. It's always been my way of staying enthused in periods of tedium. I was making bread just a bit ago and an old memory popped back into my head. I'm sure something tickled a brain cell but I can't think of what would make me think of this.

I was taking my mother for a podiastrist appointment in town. Parking was always scarce, and she was disabled to the point she could not walk far, so I was particularly tickled to find an empty parking spot directly in front of the doctor's office. The problem was, I was driving a Jeep Cherokee and the spot looked only slightly longer than the car. I ponied up to the side of the car in front, and the fates were with me as I slid backward into the hole, eased forward once, back once and turned off the ignition. I burst out laughing as I looked up to see two elderly codgers who were sitting on a park bench in front of the ofice then stand up at attention and begin applauding. I exited the car, bowed in appreciation and took my Mama inside.

Those elderly gentlmenh made my day. I can only imagine the conversation between them as placed myself in the position to parallel park and I suspect someone had to make good on a wager. I love those kind, human interactions. Made my day ;-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

Wherever your random thought came from, thanks for sharing it. Whenever I find myself thinking about something completely out of the loop, I try to follow my "train of thought" back to the beginning, but by then, the train has left the station --or I'm on the wrong track! :>)

I, too, enjoy kind, human interactions. It's good to know that lots of us have a sense of humor, don't you think?

Bookmark   August 13, 2011 at 2:14PM
west_gardener

calliope, I enjoyed your parking story.

Bookmark   August 13, 2011 at 6:50PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

What a lovely story!

Dorie

Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 12:41AM
coconut_nj

Great story Suzy. My mind does tend to wander over the past and remember different events. Fun. I'd love to have seen the guys applauding you. LOL.

Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 1:43AM
coconut_nj

I forgot to mention that it's so nice to see Dorie and Robert here. The first or one of the first Party love stories??

Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 1:45AM
anneliese_32(6)

If I ever could find out how I got here from there! My train misses all the stations in-between.

Bookmark   August 14, 2011 at 5:01PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 13 - 15
The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself,...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 29 - 15
Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness....
don_socal
When is Spring?
A count down to spring.http://days.to/spring/2015
west_gardener2
The advantage of snow.
My forthysia hedges have a low border of blooms, about...
anneliese32
Quotes 3 - 18 - 15
Understand where it is you want to go. Then picture...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Cashmere Showroom Washable Faux Cashmere Throw
Overstock.com
Cylinder Laser-cut Pattern Crystals Pendant Lighting
ParrotUncle
Aqualux Linen Sofa
Dot & Bo
Artemide | Tolomeo Off Center Suspension Light
$830.00 | YLighting
Micro 24 Roman Bronze Ceiling Fan
$144.00 | Bellacor